Hey guys...

I have a Fender Frontman 15G, which is good enough for what I need it for...just jamming in my room. I've had it for awhile now, but just recently it started making a high pitched noise whenever the gain was high, and the guitar was not being played (but plugged in). I have a T-Rex Replica Delay and a T-Rex Michael Angelo Batio Overdrive also plugged in. My two guitars are a Fender Stratocaster and a Dean Dimebag Blackbolt Guitar.

Even when I take out the pedals, both of my guitars still make that noise when the gain is high. So it is certainly my amp, not my guitars/pedals. I am guessing that my two pedals were too much for my 15 watt amp, so perhaps something just failed?

It certainly is time for an upgrade, as I've had this amp way too long, and I guess it is considered a beginner amp...something I haven't been in a very long time.

So does anyone know what it could be? Probably going to upgrade soon anyways, but, curiosity insists I ask all of you.

Thanks.
95% chance that your guitar is not grounded properly. Does it go away (or at least get quieter) when you put your hand on the strings?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Reisgar42
95% chance that your guitar is not grounded properly. Does it go away (or at least get quieter) when you put your hand on the strings?

Yeah but it comes back within 2 seconds. I've been using these guitars for awhile though...
Quote by NBGSDLSG09
I'm pretty sure you've already thought of this, but just in case... Could it be feedback? Because with my amp (sadly a cheap line 6 and the cabinet is cracked, but it was a gift, that may be why mine does it) whenever I have the gain all the way up, as soon as I stop playing I get feedback immediately

Yes, that would be it...but I'm wondering why it would happen...it never happened before.
How loud do you play? I noticed that I progressively practiced louder and louder over time, and volume has a major effect on guitar feedback.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by Quinlan
How loud do you play? I noticed that I progressively practiced louder and louder over time, and volume has a major effect on guitar feedback.

I messed with that a bit, it happens at any and all volumes. It's just the gain that has an effect, nothing else really changes it.