I turned it on and it didn't do anything.

So I shut 'er down again and I turned it back on and it worked for a second and there was a hiss coming from my headphones (I have them plugged in so I don't wake people who are sleeping) and then it shut off and now it won't turn back on.

Should I get this repaired or just invest in a new one? It's a Line 6 Spider II 112.
Line 6 Spider II? Get a new amp. ASAP.
Amon Amarth to Frank Zappa
and everything in between.

The A-Z's of music.
I wouldn't really suggest putting any money towards fixing a Spider to be honest. Save up for a new amp.
Quote by Sum41DudeRob
The only thing I liked about it was the built in tuner.

You can get a good clip on tuner for dirt cheap rather than keeping the Spider, which on the whole, don't really have a good sound anyway (in my opinion). I have a Snark Tuner (cost me about £12) which just clips on, and tunes your strings by measuring the vibration - it's a really great tuner.
Last edited by HenryB at Jan 5, 2012,
Most of the time when a SS amp just won't power on, it's gone. Or, at least it would cost more to fix it than it would be worth. It IS nice having a tuner built in, but tuners are ridiculously cheap.

soooo..... put any thought into a replacement amp?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I've thought about getting either a Roland Cube 40XL, but it seems like another modelling amp but I'm not sure or a Blackstar HT-60
Quote by Sum41DudeRob
That's what I was thinking.

The only thing I liked about it was the built in tuner.
When the best aspect of an amp is its onboard tuner, that's when you know you need a new amp.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
When the best aspect of an amp is its onboard tuner, that's when you know you need a new amp.

Oh I know

I got it when I was 16 five years ago, and I thought it was a pretty great amp for a few years.

But then after awhile I realized it was a pretty shitty sounding amp. The distortion channel was so weak, the only way it sounded good was if I gave it a boost with my DS1.