Hi, I've been playing guitar casually for about 6 years now. I currently have a Mexican Strat and a Peavey Transtube Blazer 158 1x8 15W amp that I use.

I've been thinking about possibly buying a new amp to use. I was looking specifically at the Fender Mustang I 20W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp. I don't do any gigs or anything and the most I do is jam with my friends and my current amp is plenty loud for that. I'm considering the new amp because I like the basically unlimited number of presets and all of the options I could tweak.

I know nothing about amps, however. So my question is basically do you guys think it would be worth getting the Mustang I with what I already have? How does the amp I currently have compare to it?

Thanks so much for any help!
sorry for not including all the info I could have!

budget: around $100 is what I'd like to spend, maybe $150. Looking at Fender Mustang I 1x8 20W amp

genre: clapton, beatles, ac/dc, blues. basically anything but really heavy metal kind of sound.

new or used: new

home or gig: home, some jamming with friends

closest city: north jersey

current gear: Peavey Transtube Blazer 158 1x8 15W, Mexican Strat
Last edited by devils6889 at Jan 5, 2012,
Your Peavey works just fine. Save some money up and then come back.

If your REALLY must, try getting a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix with a 10" speaker. Even a 12" speaker if the right craigslist deal pops up. You can get a Epiphone Valve Jr. and a Peavey Bandit at that price. If you need to jam with a drummer, the Bandit might really be your only option. Not much on the market for playing loud in that price range.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."