I will be moving to Minneapolis in a few weeks and I was wondering what's there. What areas to get to know, areas to avoid, what's popular to do, anything I should watch out for culture-wise and weather-wise.

Or whatever. Anything will help.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Erm... Trees and... Stuff..
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Minneapolis is a huge city for the arts--like incredibly huge. On the frozen northern plains you can only do three things: contemplate suicide, drink heavily, or make great art. Because of the latter two you'll find no lack of great culture there.
Quote by kikaykitko
I will be moving to Minneapolis in a few weeks and I was wondering what's there. What areas to get to know, areas to avoid, what's popular to do, anything I should watch out for culture-wise and weather-wise.

Or whatever. Anything will help.

Home of Doomtree and Rhymesayers.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Cold and sadness

Shit. Well, a couple of months of that can't hurt. Right? >_<
Quote by Jackal58
A bunch of vikings, a couple bridges, and people that sound like Canadians.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by kikaykitko
Shit. Well, a couple of months of that can't hurt. Right? >_<

Couple months?

...lulz
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's just insulting.

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
theres a pretty big mall near by. It's America's.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's just insulting.

If I sound like Stefon Alexander or Sean Daley, I'll take it as a compliment.
Lots of culture, GREAT mexican food (I suggest you hit up Los ocampos on Lake street, but watch out for the gang bangers). Lots of career opportunities as well. I don't see what's so bad about the cold. People who are whining about it need to man the **** up. But beware, there are lots of hipsters and liberal 20 somethings, that's if you hate liberals :P Which I'm guessing you don't. It's a great city. I miss the Swedish store...

EDIT: And mall of America is in Bloomington, which is about 20-30 minutes south of minneapolis, near the airport.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
If I sound like Stefon Alexander or Sean Daley, I'll take it as a compliment.

Pfft I sound like I could be in Broken Social Scene.
Quote by Twist of fate
Pretty sure there's like a coffeeshop in Minneapolis or something.

or 53453467568.

But I'm from the east side of st paul. east side pride bitchez.
Watch Fargo.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I go to school at the U of M. The U has a lot to offer culturally and is a great sightseeing area. Dinkytown is good college neighborhood nearby with good bars and restaruants and a lot of University culture. I hang out there a lot.
Downtown is also fun, with a decent night life and a lot of interesting places. And plenty of concert opportunities at places like First Avenue, which is a great venue.
The lakes like Lake Calhoun are excellent to hang at during the summer. Theres a lot that Minneapolis can offer.
I loved Minneapolis when I lived there. The downtown/west bank area has some good music clubs and shit. Dinkytown and parts of the NE area are pretty cool, lots of nice hookah bars. First avenue comes to mind, but there's a lot of cool places. There used to be a sweet underground venue that I can't remember the name of or if it's around anymore. Uptown is great also. Prince wrote a song about it.

Stay out of North Minneapolis. That's the "bad" part of town.

It's a great city and there's always something to do. The only problem is that it get's damn cold and icy/snowy. That sucks if you're walking (public transportation isn't bad though) and even worse if you're driving.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
A bunch of people with impossibly stupid sounding accents and a ridiculously pathetic, oblivious way of living. Cold and sadness doesnt even begin to describe it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by bradulator
Watch Fargo.

I live in Fargo.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
A terrible football team that I
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Acϵ♠
A bunch of people with impossibly stupid sounding accents and a ridiculously pathetic, oblivious way of living. Cold and sadness doesnt even begin to describe it.

That's fine with me. Chicago isn't all that better.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Acϵ♠

LOL says the Canadian :P I hear winter is wayyy worse there.