So I'm looking for some really nasty distortion. I mean disgusting. I had my RP12 on New Metal (92 era pedal) and flipped the switch for a second on top of that on my Peavy Rage 158 with about 6-7 on the pre gain. Are there any bigger amps that can accomplish that sort of disgustingness just in a bigger package?

IF you don't know what I'm talking about, I always thought of it as an Orange (not amps) tone from Quentin Terantino movies
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I don't follow, what kind of tone are you looking for? I'm thinking you're wanting a drone vibe which the Sunn Model T is famous for.

Or do you want something with just a ridiculous amount of gain?
I think TS is looking for something like a Big Muff?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
It's a layered type of gain. It's no different than placing a disto in front the distro channel on your amp, but it's... different. There's a classy vibe about the tone that makes it vibrant in my head. I'll try and find some examples, brb
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Not even close to Sunn amps. It is a sludge sort of tone but what I'm thinking is the movement that was really experimental with this sort of thing. It's the Quentin Tarantino surf vibe but it's distorted and disgusting and nasty.

I think there was a movement of the surf scene where guys were messing around with that overtone distortion, so say you've got two distortion and with the right mix you can distort everything on top of that. It's not exactly clear at points but it can be very defined if used correctly.

I think I'm just chasing a tone in my head. It's not a metal tone either. Think of creamy distortion but the cream is getting stirred still
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Almost sounds like your trying to describe the woman tone, go look up the song swlabr and see if that's kinda what your thinking.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Quote by grungebaby
Almost sounds like your trying to describe the woman tone, go look up the song swlabr and see if that's kinda what your thinking.

Thats actually very close. You can hear how the leads have that layered sort of distortion... I suppose I'll do some research this weekend when I have access to more toys. It's a little newer sounding... sort of a psychadellic feeling. The sub-octaver on the Spider II is a close representation of it too, how the models are all weird and stuff.

Have a good day/night guys
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
What you're describing sounds like stoner metal, which is sometimes a fuzz pedal on top of an already distorted amp.

Any of the Big Muffs, or a Big Muff clone would be great for that.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??