I usually like to do all my work on paper, diagrams, schematics, ect but I recently got an iPad and I've been thinking about how it might could make notes and such much more organized but I'm usually a bit reluctant to add technology because I'm one of those people that usually writes down just really random information.
So does anybody use tablets, net books, laptops, or any of that jazz when it comes to building and modding?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
lol I used to really plan stuff out, but now I usually pull up multiple windows with schematics on my laptop of what I'm trying to do to my guitar or pedals, and then just kind of combine them as necessary as I wing it, working out what I'm trying to do.
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Technology is easy to break. Paper is not.
If I'm planning a project, I review any joinery that I am not completely sure I know 100% on Finewoodworking.com or a book.

It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm making a jig or any other shop item, I'll just do a rough drawing. If it's furniture which the materials cost me a metric shit-ton I do a scale drawing on either paper or in AutoCAD.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Darkdevil725
I just get out my trusty rock and chisel and get to work.

+1
Quote by timbit2006
Technology is easy to break. Paper is not.
If I'm planning a project, I review any joinery that I am not completely sure I know 100% on Finewoodworking.com or a book.

It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm making a jig or any other shop item, I'll just do a rough drawing. If it's furniture which the materials cost me a metric shit-ton I do a scale drawing on either paper or in AutoCAD.

This is kinda my concern, you drop a soldering iron on a piece of paper that's less than a penny, cant say the same for an iPad. The only downside is that with paper for me it's a little bit harder to be as accurate and as fast. Anybody have any programs or apps they use for electronics?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
^ you can always print things onto paper after doing the planning on the computer.

i always find it much, much easier to do plans on a computer. easier to move stuff around if you want to change something on a schematic, value changes look cleaner as you dont cross stuff out, etc.

as for programs, i either use something like PSpice or sometimes Visio when drawing schematics. but if its really simple, i just go for MS Paint