Poll: Ever get a chance with a girl/guy due to persistence?
Poll Options
View poll results: Ever get a chance with a girl/guy due to persistence?
All the time. You have to prove to them that you're worth the effort.
13 12%
Once or twice. Some chicks dig that.
26 23%
Nope, but I've seen it happen.
34 30%
It doesn't matter, TS. If you like the girl, go for it.
39 35%
Voters: 112.
Page 1 of 3
I'd like to know if any of you pit monkeys have ever gotten a girl/guy to date you that wasn't initially into you, simply due to sheer persistence. Now I don't mean that you were so annoying that the girl/guy finally broke and gave you a pity date. I want real results, people!

Thread may or may not directly influence my life decisions.

<.<

>.>
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
If she tells you Yes, then its a Yes.

If she tells you a I don't know, its a 60/40 chance.

If she says No once, its NO forever.

Plus you don't want a relationship in which you are insecure about yourself and her.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

You can really only use persistence if the girl seems to be feasibly within your grasp, in other words, if you detect she may have at least SOME inkling of attraction to you. If you find this to be true, then persistence can become a fun, challenging, and cute way to charm a girl into dating you. Persistence is useless if it is percieved as creepy (thus the girl is not attracted to you in any measure, and thus you do probably do not have any confidence in the matter either), or very useful if percieved as cute. But above all, persistence is, in reality, very challenging. You must be charming, timely, and know what will work.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Yep. Tried for months to get this girl to date me, even after she said no many times. Finally worked.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Well, I persistently get bored of it, give up, and take a nap, and that's been going well for me so far.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Screw persistence, a no's a no and if it changes it's most likely for shallow or selfish reasons.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by TooFast
Yep. Tried for months to get this girl to date me, even after she said no many times. Finally worked.

You didn't feel weird about going out with her after that?
No. I wouldn't embarrass myself like that anyway.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I personally haven't, but my aunt and uncle got together like that.

I'm not sure it was a "pity date" thing, though. Her original reason for turning him down was their age difference (like 10-12 years IIRC)
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by blake1221
I love berating women until they finally cave and have sex with me.

Well it's alright for you Mr. Handsome but this is how the other half live
Quote by fender_696

Persistence works.

YES.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by blake1221
I love berating women until they finally cave and have sex with me.

I'd have sex with you in a cave if you persisted too
Quote by Avedas
And then I saw the thread was about girls.

Tread is about anyone. Poll options are geared towards females, because I'm interested in females.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I tried and gave up for something easier. It's nice to have options and I'll have that momentum for when I'm single again.

If I ever am

\inb4egoshatter
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
It really depends on the girl and the extent of your persistence. Worked for me cause I knew that the girl just needed to see the real me and we'd be set.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by spitonastranger
Well it's alright for you Mr. Handsome but this is how the other half live

>_>

Shhhh.......I can be persistently handsome...

Quote by bradulator
I'd have sex with you in a cave if you persisted too

Yes, but when involving people, try to avoid having your persistence seem like desperation. Of course, with desperation you may receive pity. If you enjoy others' pity, then you will thrive. If you do not, then you'll be worse off than when you started.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
She married me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
"All the time"
"Once or twice"
"I've seen it"
"It doesn't matter, go for it"

4 positive answers, 0 negative answers.

"This will directly influence my decisions"

Looks like your mind's made up son. Go ask RT for advice.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Yeah. On my spanish exchange, there was this one spanish girl, who seemed really into me on the first night, then off with me the next time. I decided that, seeing as I was in another country, and I wouldn't really see her again until she came to England, I kind of grafted, she might have been annoyed for a bit but soon it was pretty clear she liked me, we kissed on the last night, then enjoyed basically a 10 day steamy fling when the Spanish came to England.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Nothing is a bigger turn-off than some whiny sap who won't take no for an answer.

If you say you aren't interested and they persist, it sends out a lot of bad messages. Someone who ignores me when I say 'NO' to them is someone I would never ever ever date.

It says "I have heard you say no but I want to date you anyway so I'm going to ignore it and keep pressuring you"... replace "date" with "have sex with" and you have a rapist.

Why would you act weird and rapey to a girl you wanted to date?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Nothing is a bigger turn-off than some whiny sap who won't take no for an answer.

If you say you aren't interested and they persist, it sends out a lot of bad messages. Someone who ignores me when I say 'NO' to them is someone I would never ever ever date.

It says "I have heard you say no but I want to date you anyway so I'm going to ignore it and keep pressuring you"... replace "date" with "have sex with" and you have a rapist.

Because women like a man who knows what he wants and goes for it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Come on, I know you aren't new here >_>

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I actually think you can persist without being an annoying creep. Passive persistence, not active. I'm not going to stop having friendly conversations with you or hanging out, etc. But that risks the friendzone.
Quote by element4433
Because women like a man who knows what he wants and goes for it.

Women like a man who listens. And who doesn't act like a whiny little emo brat when he doesn't get his own way.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Women like a man who listens. And who doesn't act like a whiny little emo brat when he doesn't get his own way.
Psssh. Like you'd know.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
my best friend hounded his current gf for something like two or three years before she gave in

they have now been together for close to three years
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
my best friend hounded his current gf for something lik two or three years before she gave in

they have now been together for close to three years

Captivity doesn't count.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Ah, you see, that's why you have to manipulate the other person into believing they want you—nay, need you. Like Bradulator said, you need to adopt passive persistence, but utilize it in the worst way. You don't want to come on strong, then get rejected and revert to passiveness. You approach it passively, get rejected, then create the illusion that they have somehow made a big mistake in rejecting you. If you tried this aggressively, you'd be an obvious psychopath. If done passively they'll accept you, not noticing that you're actually a sociopath.

Once you're in, you can now follow the D.E.N.N.I.S. system.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Jackal58
Captivity doesn't count.

>_>

<_<

they are technically together though...
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by DonGlover
Ah, you see, that's why you have to manipulate the other person into believing they want you—nay, need you. Like Bradulator said, you need to adopt passive persistence, but utilize it in the worst way. You don't want to come on strong, then get rejected and revert to passiveness. You approach it passively, get rejected, then create the illusion that they have somehow made a big mistake in rejecting you. If you tried this aggressively, you'd be an obvious psychopath. If done passively they'll accept you, not noticing that you're actually a sociopath.

Once you're in, you can now follow the D.E.N.N.I.S. system.

The Dennis system is seriously the first thing I thought of

It's not like they're gonna like you because you're persistent. They're just going to get to know you. If you suck, they won't dig you, but I'm sure you rule! So do it mang

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

No that's why you DON'T like. Not all girls
So, TS - this is the kind of girl you don't want to be persistent with
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Jan 5, 2012,
Page 1 of 3