So since my guitar was defective Musicians Friend will give me an upgrade due to it being backordered(really nice of them), whats the best electric around $500? Was getting a schecter damien 6 fr (prob gonna end up waiting for backorder, really like this guitar). Going to go to guitar center to play some soon.
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jan 5, 2012,
Since you're looking at Schecter Damiens I guess a Standard Tele is out of the picture. Can you give us a couple bands or genres you like playing?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I have not played a S I guess I will try one soon. Are the pickups good/how are wizard 3 necks? I know wizard 2 are pretty nice.
Screeching high metal lead stuff, but I play everything(including classical music lol) Also are Damien elite fr alot better then the standard (can't find one where I live would a hellraiser be comparable?) I have read a review saying the standard plays better but if thats bs idk....
Also forgot to mention would like a floyd rose. (might be able to go a bit over 500 btw.)
Quote by Ericthegreat
Also forgot to mention would like a floyd rose. (might be able to go a bit over 500 btw.)

Schecter Guitars with Licensed Floyd Roses have NO tuning stability. Save up double your money and get a Hellraiser FR.
The licensed floyd on the damien at least is a floyd rose special.... (also since I am getting an upgrade now seems like a pretty good time to get something)
Check out the most recent issue of Guitar Player. I don't think anyone here could give you a more in depth run down on the nicest $500 guitars better then they already did. Checked to see if the article was on the web, doesn't look like it.
Has to be the J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster Signature model. Pretty much the closest thing you will get to a Jazzmaster for $380.

Getting rave reviews.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My Gear;
1962 Gretsch Tennessee Rose w/ Hilo trons
1985 Fender Stratocaster MIJ
VOX AC30

Vox Wah
Marshal Echohead 2
Ibanez S. Best floating bridge in that price range!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Yamaha Pacifica 112 - You could pick one up for about $350 - $400 and still get a cheapish behringer amp within you budget.