Is there a site where I can pick and choose specifically what I want and the case and everything? It's cheaper to do that than a brand name and I was wondering where I could go to do that. Any help?

I don't need a monitor btw, I just bought a 24" view sonic
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
UG.

What's your budget?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
newegg.com
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Gyroscope
UG.

What's your budget?

$8,000

Money is not my factor. I don't want a super machine, just something that can run zippy. It's for about half gaming half programming.

For gaming I'm not looking for too tough specs. Not like super high on Crysis or some shit.

I just got Orcs Must Die

Psychonauts

Magicka

I also have mine craft, etc. and depending on how well my xbox for windows controller works I might play stuff like the witcher 2 or something. I dunno I have always wanted to play PC games but i hate keyboard and mouse kinda stuff. Except for VVVVVV. That's amazingly fun.

I also just bought a Cyborg RAT 7. So if I have to use a mouse it'll be the most comfortable mother****er ever. Also it's awesome. I'm a little high btw..

Also, currently i'm on a 15" macbook pro with intel i5, 320 gigs, 4 gigs memory, etc.

I could just run bootcamp on my mac, so if you help, try to give it better specs lol

or help on newegg. this site is cool but i don't know what i'm doing at this moment. i don't know what all to buy when you build your own

Last edited by GODhimself37 at Jan 5, 2012,
Just buy stuff off newegg.com and buy whatever you want. If you don't want a powerhouse you won't be spending more than $1000.

You need to buy a motherboard and a CPU, but the CPU slot has to match up with the motherboard's.

You need to buy RAM and the motherboard must accept the RAM type you buy (it'll be DDR3, shouldn't be a problem)

You'll also need a video card (I won't help you here, I'm not up to date with the latest crap)

An audio card wouldn't hurt if you're into high quality audio, but thats a personal choice whether or not you get a nice one.

You'll need a hard drive, I'd prefer a 32 GB SSD for the OS and a big HDD for your data for super quick startup.

You'll need a power supply that will supply enough watts, volts, amps, etc. to all your components.

Then a case and you should be set. A few extra fans would never hurt either.

If you don't even know what to buy to build your own you're probably better off not building one to begin with. Just buy a desktop with shitty specs and a nice CPU and upgrade the RAM, power supply, and video card and you'll have a powerhouse right there.
Last edited by RPGoof at Jan 5, 2012,
Quote by RPGoof

If you don't even know what to buy to build your own you're probably better off not building one to begin with.

That's why I made this thread.

If you don't know what parts to get off of newegg, how did you plan on picking out your parts then? Were you talking about selecting parts from a list and having someone else build it for you, or did you plan on building it yourself?
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
It's not that hard, you just need to make sure everything is compatible (CPU socket, case form factor, memory standard, power pins, etc...).

CPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070
Mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131771
VGA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130593
RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145339
PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

If you want a really fast computer, get a SSD. They are expensive as hell but they have no moving parts, so they are really fast.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by muffinduck01
If you don't know what parts to get off of newegg, how did you plan on picking out your parts then? Were you talking about selecting parts from a list and having someone else build it for you, or did you plan on building it yourself?

Building it myself, I'm sure I could do that. But the actual parts and what brands and deals and stuff is over my head right now.

Quote by Duffman123
www.ultimate-buildyourownpc.com

I tried to click on that
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
The nice thing about Newegg is that it has PC bundles for building your own, that way you don't have to go through picking out each individual thing if you're not quite up on the technology, jargon, lingo, technobabble, etc.
Hi, I'm Peter
Lol nice try.