So I have a Studio LP that I'm not crazy about, but I need to hang onto it for the sake of it being my only humbucker gtr besides my jazzbox. so instead of just never using it i'm thinking about just getting new pickups.

I play a lot of genres so i need something that is diverse enough, i have a lot of different options but i'm just wondering what other people put in there LPs. I'm not looking to go the active route, and i'm not a fan of EMGs in general, not opposed to Duncans but the last set I had I wasn't a fan of. I'm looking at some Dimarzios, Lollars, maybe the burstbuckers, there's a lot of options.

To pinpoint a tone i need a good high end that would work out great for anything that requires gain, but i do need it to be clean for the random gigs that i don't want to use the strat for.

What have you guys put in your LPs?

Thanks!

E
Quote by gerraguitar
So I have a Studio LP that I'm not crazy about, but I need to hang onto it for the sake of it being my only humbucker gtr besides my jazzbox. so instead of just never using it i'm thinking about just getting new pickups.

I play a lot of genres so i need something that is diverse enough, i have a lot of different options but i'm just wondering what other people put in there LPs. I'm not looking to go the active route, and i'm not a fan of EMGs in general, not opposed to Duncans but the last set I had I wasn't a fan of. I'm looking at some Dimarzios, Lollars, maybe the burstbuckers, there's a lot of options.

To pinpoint a tone i need a good high end that would work out great for anything that requires gain, but i do need it to be clean for the random gigs that i don't want to use the strat for.

What have you guys put in your LPs?

Thanks!

E

Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge - Pearly Gates in the neck , a 59 if you want a little less sizzle in the top end or a Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell if you want glassy, strat-like cleans from the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com