Just got my Polytune home, and took it out of the box and put a battery in. Still its just dead, nothing happens no matter what i do. Do I need a power supply for this one? Why would it have a place for a battery then?

Please, please help!
may be a stupid question, but is the guitar cable plugged in? Sometimes pedals(and guitars with active pickups) use a stereo jack, and it's not powered unless a cable is in the jack.

You try more than one battery? It shouldn't need a power supply. If it has a 9v battery compartment, it should run on a batt.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Jan 5, 2012,
yes, the guitar cable is plugged in, i have not tried with another battery yet but this one was brand new, so that shouldnt be a problem
Never know... it's easier than returning it.

You buy it new? If the new battery doesn't fix it, you may just have to exchange it for another one. Pedals are usually fairly simple circuits. If it doesn't power on at all, there's a good chance it's defective.

EDIT: If you have a DC power supply that has the same voltage and current rating you could try it and see if it powers up from the power supply. There should be a sticker by the plug that says the voltage and current rating. Just use something that has the same voltage, and at least the same amp rating. Bigger is better when it comes to that.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Jan 5, 2012,
So you suggest that I should try with another battery? If it doesnt work with another battery, but with a power supply, should i still return it? this is my first pedal ever, so i know nothing here
Try it with a new battery first. If it's still not turning on you should definitely take it to the store where you bought it...a brand new pedal shouldn't be defective and they should replace it. On the off chance that it is working and you're missing something, they can show you how to properly operate it.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
see my edit above.....

If it works with the power supply and not the battery, take it back. It may just be a broken wire, or something stupid, but you shouldn't have to break out the soldering iron and repair a brand new pedal.

If it doesn't work with either, definitely take it back. Make them give you a new one, and try to power it on in the store before you take it home.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
awesome, glad it was something simple.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes