Most of it is going to be intermediate/advanced stuff, I've started fairly basic just to get into the groove of the whole blogging thing.

http://jrtheories.tumblr.com/

If this is the wrong subforum I apologise (Don't see why it would be)

It probably helps if you can read music

The blog discusses :-

.Inversions
.Substitute tones in chords
.Tritone substitution
.Consonance and dissonance
.Modal characteristics
.Borrowed chords
Last edited by professorlamp at Jan 6, 2012,
Nice blog- I'd be interested in trading links; however, I don't really see any spot on your site for those. If you have a links page, or add a sidebar, I'd be down. My blog, the Everyday Guitarist, (to which a link is my signature) is actually getting pretty high rankings these days. Lemme know if you are interested.
Give me a couple of minutes to figure it out, I am a complete noob at this, once I have a link section done I'll let you know

edit: Don't think it's gonna happen
If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know
Last edited by professorlamp at Jan 5, 2012,
Not too bad, and I would say it's accurate. You do appear to know your stuff beyond the average claimant, and each topic is brief and concise, and to the point. The handwritten notes are a nice minimalist touch. The information is there for someone to study, but the images are a little on the small side. The caveat/red flag that I was looking for, was in claims of application, but I didn't see you really go there, and that's probably a good thing.

Respect.

Best,

Sean
you can click on the images to enlarge them, they should be legible then
I'll be (hopefully) updating this daily, I'm just trying to pace myself so I don't let it all out in a short period of time.
I'll try and make examples of where the devices may be useful aswell, thanks for the critisicm
I do, that's where the majority of this stuff is coming from, that and Arnold schoenbergs 'structural functions of harmony'. I'm genuinely surprised someone else has read that book