Poll: do you like screamo/death metal/black metal etc
Poll Options
View poll results: do you like screamo/death metal/black metal etc
yes i enjoy these genres and listen to them alot.
15 60%
ehh i like bands like slipknot and pantera but this is to much.
10 40%
Voters: 25.
Page 1 of 2
im more of two this includes things like grindcore, deathcore, death metal, black metal etc. Im not saying those genres are bad but i have a hard time really understanding and feeling the music. maybe i just need to open my mind a little more?
Death metal =/= Screamo
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
"im more of two this includes" What does that mean?

Death Metal is far different than Screamo, so go to the rec thread and look at the list of Metal genres and then go to the Pop Punk and Emo sub forum and find out what actual Screamo and Emo are.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
"im more of two this includes" What does that mean?

Death Metal is far different than Screamo, so go to the rec thread and look at the list of Metal genres and then go to the Pop Punk and Emo sub forum and find out what actual Screamo and Emo are.

This. just do this.

And I would love to know what "im more of two this includes" means.
Do You Want To See My Cotton Panties?
The amount of fail in the original post is reaching critical levels.

I advise all passengers to abandon thread.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Listen to Opeth. Extreme music, still listenable by non-metal lovers because their music is of a very high quality.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by BK202

The first one sucked hardcore...the second two sounded exactly the same, one deeper, and one sounded like it was recorded with a rockband mic.

I detest death metal and black metal, it's pointless, violent, and in general horrible recording quality that makes my ears bleed. I'll listen to metal, and enjoy it, but it can't sound like it was recorded by a 2 year old.
Orchid > You
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by BK202
Hey I thought you only spewed bullshit in the Pit.

Glad to see you're spreading the stupid around.

Did I hurt your elitist feelings? I'm not sorry.

But really, the recording quality on those bands you posted was just awful by modern standards.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Did I hurt your elitist feelings? I'm not sorry.

But really, the recording quality on those bands you posted was just awful by modern standards.

1. You've spouted ridiculous trash every single time I've seen you post anywhere, you didn't hurt my feelings, it's just ignorant.
2. I'm sorry that some bands can't afford studio access/find a different medium satisfactory to help get across the purity of an expression. Crystal-clear production would do nothing to positively benefit an Orchid or a Burzum song. Open your mind.
eh i like pantera and slipknot but those are the only death meatal and screamo i like xD

Quote by ethan_hanus
The first one sucked hardcore...the second two sounded exactly the same, one deeper, and one sounded like it was recorded with a rockband mic.

I detest death metal and black metal, it's pointless, violent, and in general horrible recording quality that makes my ears bleed. I'll listen to metal, and enjoy it, but it can't sound like it was recorded by a 2 year old.

This post is we todd did. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Last edited by due 07 at Jan 7, 2012,
Alexisonfire aren't screamo.

Edit: ^ What he said.

Edit 2: Here's some Canadian screamo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5QF56BdpU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwm2M30LML8
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Last edited by guitar_rules311 at Jan 7, 2012,
Quote by ethan_hanus

Exactly the same? The latter was all happy sounding and shit, what's wrong with your ears boy?

I also assume by "metal", you mean Metallica, Pantera, Godsmack, and the occasional Opeth? Booooo!
Quote by ethan_hanus

The world is still waiting for you to say something that isn't jaw-droppingly dense.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
myy fav screemo band is bmth !!... u shud try good otehr one's like attack attack and brokedcyde (:
Quote by Radman_Paiza
myy fav screemo band is bmth !!... u shud try good otehr one's like attack attack and brokedcyde (:

Reading trolls like this now just make me sad.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Reading trolls like this now just make me sad.

It was that bad?
It's just really cliched.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by ethan_hanus

I like how you have no idea on the subject, but still make the judgements on it. And what sort of argument is "this music is pointless"anyway? or "it is violent, so it's bad."? There is no logic here.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I have never really gotten into black metal or screamo. I've never gotten into Slipknot or Pantera either, so I can't vote in this poll.
i like death metal (it's probably my favorite genre), some deathcore, and not much black metal but i still kinda like it. i don't like screamo or metalcore.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Takaru made this thread better.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by ethan_hanus

You're a dumb bastard.

On the topic of screamo and black metal, I'm wearing my Deafheaven shirt
Quote by nashawa
The world is still waiting for you to say something that isn't jaw-droppingly dense.

screamo no death yes. my favourite sub-genre metal is thrash but i like technical death bands like death (chuck schulinder)but i hate slipknot and other commercial shit like that
Quote by jimmypage908
screamo no death yes. my favourite sub-genre metal is thrash but i like technical death bands like death (chuck schulinder)but i hate slipknot and other commercial shit like that

Lol Jimmypage908 h8s dat commercial shit guys.
I'm an asshole.
Real Death and Black Metal should not be associated with Screamo. I love Real death and black metal as while as most metal, classical, old country and visual kei. Anything with CORE at the end of it is not metal or a sub-genre seeing as METAL is the suffix.
Quote by Cryingstar987
Real Death and Black Metal should not be associated with Screamo. I love Real death and black metal as while as most metal, classical, old country and visual kei. Anything with CORE at the end of it is not metal or a sub-genre seeing as METAL is the suffix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIB9Cai5kZ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WZyumTkVa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEYyaUtt3PA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUSyU5SryGU

Beg to differ that metal can't have similarities with core.
Quote by BK202

Yes they can have can similarities but they are not the same thing. They are 2 different genres. You can't call the clash or ramones rock cause they are not. It's like rap and hip hop alot of people put them together but they are different.
When it comes to screaming in general, I like it when I feel it's actually needed or adds to the effect, like in Trivium's Like Callisto. As for the deep gutteral howling type screaming, I've yet to hear a song where I think it works well.

A lot of songs where there is screaming, I feel like it doesn't work because it's almost like a horror movie where they get all the good scary scenes over and done with, and which are so intense and out of place that they lose the intended effect. I even find this happens in some of Opeth's death metal stuff (of what I've heard) even though I like Opeth's rock and metal works.
Page 1 of 2