hey guys, i was hoping you could help me with a frustrating problem. i recently purchased an alesis io2 express interface, and am trying to connect it to cubase 5. i followed this guys instructions to connect the box, however instead of the ASIO driver being called io2, ts a different name, but all microfone options and speakers in the VST connections are saying io2 as is meant to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLfh81E6wgw&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL5900CAF8A653DB70

I have followed all setup procedures given by the guide, and the video posted, yet cubase still isnt detecting any sound levels. one thing i noticed is that on my cubase toolbar, the little "VST overload" area is flashing red now and then (the bar thing in the left corner of the toolbar), when his on the video doesn't. not sure if this is relevant, but this is the only difference i see.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated. my pc is a windows 7 btw.

thanks
I use ASIO4ALL as my ASIO driver (you can set it up to "direct towards" the io2). Activate it in the drop menu, then set it up. Maybe it will work.

And keep in mind that you have to have your interface connected BEFORE you open Cubase!
Quote by sickman411
I use ASIO4ALL as my ASIO driver (you can set it up to "direct towards" the io2). Activate it in the drop menu, then set it up. Maybe it will work.

And keep in mind that you have to have your interface connected BEFORE you open Cubase!

Ive heard people talk about ASIO4ALL before, so I can see how this may remedy my problem. However, it appears that the only ASIO drivers i have are "ASIO Directx Full Duplex Driver" (The one my Io2 responds to), and "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver". I cant seem to find it under my Asio folder in the Steinberg profram files folder. What do you think to this? Can i download it anywhere?

Thanks for the help so far
Quote by dragozan
Ive heard people talk about ASIO4ALL before, so I can see how this may remedy my problem. However, it appears that the only ASIO drivers i have are "ASIO Directx Full Duplex Driver" (The one my Io2 responds to), and "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver". I cant seem to find it under my Asio folder in the Steinberg profram files folder. What do you think to this? Can i download it anywhere?

Thanks for the help so far

oh wait, ive found the download for it haha, ill see if i can figure it out myself, but how do you go through the process of directing it to the io2? Any help is greatly appreciated
UPDATE: Ive installed, and directed the io2 to ASIO4ALL, then changed the ASIO driver to ASIO4ALL. under VST connections, ive managed to get it to pick up the recording now, and records my guitar. HOWEVER, it doesnt seem to want to let me hear the recording thorugh the headphones plugged into my interface. When I try to listen to the recording through my normal speakers, theres still no sound either. How can i rememdy these two problems?
you'll have to configure the monitoring in your daw, or any software that came with your interface. it's all routing for that stuff, make sure you have your i/o range set properly.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by dragozan
UPDATE: Ive installed, and directed the io2 to ASIO4ALL, then changed the ASIO driver to ASIO4ALL. under VST connections, ive managed to get it to pick up the recording now, and records my guitar. HOWEVER, it doesnt seem to want to let me hear the recording thorugh the headphones plugged into my interface. When I try to listen to the recording through my normal speakers, theres still no sound either. How can i rememdy these two problems?

Maybe it has to do with the monitor mix knob. If it's turned all the way to "direct", there's your problem. Direct = what you're playing; USB = what's playing in the computer. Somewhere in the middle will probably be fine
If it's not that, maybe it's your "VST Connections" that aren't quite right.