Page 1 of 6
Kid was involved in a stand-off with police in his Jr. High. Pointed what turned out to be a pellet gun at cops and disobeyed orders to put it down. Was shot three times after further brandishing the weapon.

My first reaction is that the kid committed suicide by cop. Parents, of course, are outraged. Community up in arms. Etc., etc.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=8490045

Thoughts?

Edit: Note that the kid was a 15 year old 8th grader. Obviously a winner at the game of Life.
Hi, I'm Peter
The **** is wrong with cops? 2 Murders a week.

First one could be somehow justified, but a kid? Come on!
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Meanwhile in America...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Suicide by cop.

They weren't to know its a pellet gun. Thinking like that has got policemen killed.

Inb4 zoot saying all police are evil and this was state sponsored murder.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It's a great way to commit suicide indeed. He doesn't have to let his parents found him with a rope around his neck and shit on the floor.

This would be the way I would go if I ever choose to commit suicide.

inb4 butthurt anti-pellet-gun-fag
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
If police with guns tell you to do something. Especially when you know you are in the wrong. It's a good idea to do it.

Kid's a fud.

PSN ID: ArranP
What I thought when I saw the thread title.

455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Dirk Gently

Edit: Note that the kid was a 15 year old 8th grader. Obviously a winner at the game of Life.

Most people I know were about 14 in 8th grade. It's not like he was 17

Also, that kid is a ****ing retard. What did he think would happen?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 5, 2012,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Suicide by cop.

They weren't to know its a pellet gun. Thinking like that has got policemen killed.

Exactly. I have some limited experience with firearms and have shot semi-automatic pistols on a couple occasions. A kid cut me off in traffic one time, so I flashed my high beams at him. He held up to be what I thought was a chrome plated pistol. I wrote down his license plate number and called the police. Only after the fact did I find out it was a pellet gun. Fact is, with a lot of those weapons, you can't tell unless you're handling it.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jan 5, 2012,
Of course pointing a pellet gun at the police and refusing to put it down is going to get you shot, and getting shot might just get you killed. Community up in arms? Channel your anger into trying to raise your kids right.
Quote by WCPhils
Most people I know were about 14 in 8th grade. It's not like he was 17

Most people turn 14 in the tail end of their eighth grade year. The kid would have turned 16 this year. Driving your Jr. High buddies around is cool
Hi, I'm Peter
Kid deserved it. If the cops tell you to put down a gun, regardless of what it is, then you better bloody do it. How are the cops to know it's not real? Better to be safe than sorry.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I love how everyone says he deserved it. That's not cold-hearted or anything.

Quote by cptcomet
What I thought when I saw the thread title.

Quote by apmaman
If police with guns tell you to do something. Especially when you know you are in the wrong. It's a good idea to do it.

Kid's a fud.

Truth. Can't blame the police here.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Most people turn 14 in the tail end of their eighth grade year. The kid would have turned 16 this year. Driving your Jr. High buddies around is cool

Ah, so he was a good two years older then everyone.

Smart kid.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Kensai

From the article, it sounds like what the kid wanted, really. A bullet fired by a deranged 15 year old kills just the same as a bullet fired by a deranged adult. I feel sorry for the family and the officers involved.
Hi, I'm Peter
He deserved it AND he had it coming for him.

I feel sorry for the family though, a 15-year old in 8th grade?
That's worse than a dead kid, imo.
Quote by Kensai

He should have listened to the cops. Obviously, it's not a good thing that a kid has died but he shouldn't have been such an idiot.

Quote by Dirk Gently
From the article, it sounds like what the kid wanted, really. A bullet fired by a deranged 15 year old kills just the same as a bullet fired by a deranged adult. I feel sorry for the family and the officers involved.

That's better put. I don't like people celebrating deaths.
This whole situation is grade A school shooting material, and if the guns real (as far as the police knew) they have every right to drop this punk. What would you do?
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Jan 5, 2012,
3 shots seems about right given the circumstances.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Why the fuuck would you bring a pellet gun to a fuucking school anyways? I don't care if he was fifteen, I knew that shit at ten. I can't help but feel like he deserved to be shot.
If a cop is able to verbally engage an armed perp without getting shot they are also trained to at least attempt to talk the person down (beyond ordering them to put the gun down) before shooting. There's a reason police forces often have professional negotiators on staff.

My two cents: if it was a white kid, they wouldn't have escalated to deadly force immediately.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Kensai
That's better put. I don't like people celebrating deaths.

You're pretty racist towards Mexicans there, you know.
He didn't deserve to be shot, but the police were doing what they're trained to. I think it's tragic that he would put himself in that situation.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Das_Skittles
If a cop is able to verbally engage an armed perp without getting shot they are also trained to at least attempt to talk the person down (beyond ordering them to put the gun down) before shooting. There's a reason police forces often have professional negotiators on staff.

My two cents: if it was a white kid, they wouldn't have escalated to deadly force immediately.

the gun was pointed at them.

You can only talk someone down when they aren't aiming at you.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
"Jaime was not a bad kid," she said. "I'm not saying he was perfect or an angel, but he was a very giving person."

"Shortly before the confrontation, the boy had walked into a classroom and punched a random boy in the nose for no apparent reason"

^_^

very giving
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
"Jaime was not a bad kid," she said. "I'm not saying he was perfect or an angel, but he was a very giving person."

"Shortly before the confrontation, the boy had walked into a classroom and punched a random boy in the nose for no apparent reason"

^_^

very giving

He gave a hungry student a knuckle sandwich

I can't imagine what was going through his head...I mean other than a 9mm round.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl

^_^

very giving

I'm sure you'd be all sunshine and flowers right before you know you'll probably get shot.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl

^_^

very giving

Handing out knuckle sandwitches.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl

What a perfect citizen. We need more people like this guy.

Quote by The_Casinator
You're pretty racist towards Mexicans there, you know.

That went right over my head
Good night sweet prince
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
It looks like he fought the law....

and the law won.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This is why in England we don't give guns to everybody...

In all honesty if the policeman who had shot him was armed with a rubber bullet gun rather than a proper firearm those three shots wouldn't have killed him, they would have broken bones at worst. If in texas you were to suggest that police carry rubber bullet guns rather than real firearms you'd be laughed out the room (how else would they protect themselves from people with ACTUAL guns). If the majority of the population don't have firearms this is not so much of an issue, and in fact the majority of police here carry no firearms at all rubber or otherwise.

Simple fact: Fewer guns = fewer people being shot
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more