Page 1 of 2
Evening all. Basically, at my school we've been offered to go on a World Challenge Expedition, to India and the Himalayas in summer 2013. For those of you who don't know, World Challenge is a company that takes you to some developing country, where accomodation, food etc is the responsibility of us youngsters (I'm 15). It's 4 weeks, spent hiking and helping local people. then R&R at the very end. That's not really important, but the trip costs £3500 each. I have a part time job, I'll get a better one when I'm 16, but I need some tips on fundraising strategies to help me get there. I've previously done a few sponsored runs/swims, but I live rurally so there's only so much I can get from that.

tl;dr How can I raise £3500 by next summer? I don't have to have the full amount by the time we leave. All suggestions welcome, but I don't plan to sell any body parts.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Prostitute yourself.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by shattamakar
Prostitute yourself.

This.
"I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire"
Quote by shattamakar
Prostitute yourself.

I'll probably have to do that when I'm actually there, to barter for food or something, and I plan to make that the only time. I'll be in a team on about 10, so group ideas also work. And not group prostitution either.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Get the whole group of World Challengers together and organise a Battle of the Bands, or a talent show, or whatever at school. That's how people at my school made some cash. Group activities seemed to do the best for everybody. Bag packing at Tesco.

Edit: Also, I'll pay you £20 plus your train fare to come to Scotland and lend me your 'services'.
Quote by Dirge Humani
At minimum wage of the UK, earning £3500 in a year would require working about 18 hours a week.

I'll be in 6th form though, so I'll need to do a lot of work to stay on top. I appreciate that the job I have lined up will make up a big margin, but I don't think it will be enough.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by whoomit
Get the whole group of World Challengers together and organise a Battle of the Bands, or a talent show, or whatever at school. That's how people at my school made some cash. Group activities seemed to do the best for everybody. Bag packing at Tesco.

Edit: Also, I'll pay you £20 plus your train fare to come to Scotland and lend me your 'services'.

Right, thanks. I was planning to go bag packingwith the rest, and the rumour is that going to the local Waitrose instead gets about 4x as much money.

I might be hideously deformed for all you know, worst £20 you ever spent.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Stop by Australia on your way and work in the mines for a month.

Or clinical testing .. it pays loads .. dunno if there's an age minimum .. test some cream out for a bit .. my mate did it, but you might lose your hair, or balls, or both .. he's still the same old dickhead though .. on the outside.
Quote by Stugg334
I might be hideously deformed for all you know, worst £20 you ever spent.

Can't be as bad as my ex
Quote by Stugg334
I'll probably have to do that when I'm actually there, to barter for food or something, and I plan to make that the only time. I'll be in a team on about 10, so group ideas also work. And not group prostitution either.

Who is telling you this shit?

I go to the Himalayas fairly often (its a 12 hour drive), and believe me EVERYTHING is cheap there.

Ok, look at it this way: 1 UKP = 75 INR

Accommodation per day = About 10 to 15 UKP tops
Food per day= About 8 UKP
Miscellaneous expenses= 5 UKP

So, is that more than you were told the expenses would be?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Work 2 hours a day in the week, and 8 on the weekend. Bam, 18 hours a week.

I suppose I might be able to get close to that, if I somewhat neglect my girlfriend, sport, and procrastinating time. The only problem is I'll be working as a lifeguard at the local leisure centre, and you tend to do short shifts. But I'll see what I can do, not gonna pretend it will be easy.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by shattamakar

I go to the Himalayas fairly often (its a 12 hour drive), and believe me EVERYTHING is cheap there.

I was just joking about having to sell myself when I arrive, but it's a fixed cost, I guess World Challenge makes a decent profit out of it, despite the low cost of living. We'll be in tents for a few nights, so I suppose all the extra cash goes towards the luxuries at the end.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Sell your blood and semen. Have a car wash. Throw a huge party and have everyone donate some cash to pay for drinks and live entertainment, provide water and a birthday clown, pocket the rest of the cash, and run like hell.

Or you could do something like those pet wash things, except you wash people instead. It could work, and be lots of fun.
Quote by shattamakar

Anyone up for a mass pitmonkey convention at the Himalayas in 2013?

Don't ask how or who, but I got word from a source that there'll be some prostitutes there.

OT: Work 3 hours a day, you'll have the cash in 5 months. (At minimum wage).
Quote by ng117
Convince a guitar forum that you're suffering from cancer then ask them to donate money to you.

Did that actually happen here? I think it was before my time.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Step 1: Realize that Bam Margera is a tool, and take him off your avatar.

Step 2: Work for your money.

Step 3: Non profit.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Step 1: Realize that Bam Margera is a tool, and take him off your avatar.

Step 2: Work for your money.

Step 3: Non profit.

1. He's just a temporary fix while I think of a better idea. I have gone off him a bit.

2. I will be working, but it's hard to get the hours in while in full time education, I'm just asking for some ideas, like for group stuff.

3. That's the plan.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
1. He's just a temporary fix while I think of a better idea. I have gone off him a bit.

2. I will be working, but it's hard to get the hours in while in full time education, I'm just asking for some ideas, like for group stuff.

3. That's the plan.

You got the joke Five points to you.

I feel you on the school/work situation - I had to do that through most of my formative years, so I get it. I'd look for night work - stuff that's early hours but not too extensively time consuming. Look for janitorial, shelving/stocking jobs. They're not glamorous, but they'll give you cash and you'll be doing them when you're not at school.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
You got the joke Five points to you.

I feel you on the school/work situation - I had to do that through most of my formative years, so I get it. I'd look for night work - stuff that's early hours but not too extensively time consuming. Look for janitorial, shelving/stocking jobs. They're not glamorous, but they'll give you cash and you'll be doing them when you're not at school.

Yeah, no easy way round I guess, not gonna be fun though, I'm terrible if I don't get enough sleep. It's annoying that some kids, who I can imagine really struggling with the physical stuff, have parents who straight up agreed to just pay the whole thing. The good news is, if I don't get enough, then my parents will pay the extra, then I'll spend a little while paying them off, no interest or anything.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by ng117
Convince a guitar forum that you're suffering from cancer then ask them to donate money to you.

Convince a guitar forum that your parents sent you to a boarding school called Diamond Ranch Academy.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Stugg334

Make a pr0n?
Quote by lncognito
Make a pr0n?

Imagine the standard of girls that are prepared to sleep rough for a month. People would pay not to see it.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
Imagine the standard of girls that are prepared to sleep rough for a month. People would pay not to see it.

No, but the men must be rather... rough
(if you know what i mean)

<.<

>.>

Last edited by lncognito at Jan 5, 2012,
Quote by lncognito
No, but the men must be rather... rough
(if you know what i mean)

<.<

>.>

I have no idea what you mean, PM me a video explaining. HD only.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Set up a charity event at your school to sponsor what your are doing by selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I dont know how it works, and how much of a cut they take, but it could be worth a shot.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Set up a charity event at your school to sponsor what your are doing by selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I dont know how it works, and how much of a cut they take, but it could be worth a shot.

I'm not sure I follow - raise money for charity and my fund at the same time?
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
I have no idea what you mean, PM me a video explaining. HD only.

I'd much rather come over and show you...
(this is going out of hand, isn't it?)

Nehh...
Quote by lncognito
I'd much rather come over and show you...
(this is going out of hand, isn't it?)
Nehh...

It's the internet, so it's not gay. You could be a woman for all I know. After all, you are Incognito
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Step 1: acquire seeds of the plant arboris pecunium
Step 2: plant that shit
Step 3: ???
Step 4: you the richest mothafucka in the entire goddamn universe.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Step 1: acquire seeds of the plant arboris pecunium
Step 2: plant that shit
Step 3: ???
Step 4: you the richest mothafucka in the entire goddamn universe.

Why do I get the impression that this is more complicated than you make it seem? I'm guessing that step 1 is a bitch.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by MH400
You only need 1 Kidney.

The triads always take both though, can't trust them.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
I'm not sure I follow - raise money for charity and my fund at the same time?

No, your fund IS the charity.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Stugg334
Why do I get the impression that this is more complicated than you make it seem? I'm guessing that step 1 is a bitch.

You ever get your hands on those seeds, you let me know, aiiite?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Page 1 of 2