I just picked up a 70s Penco SG copy, and it has odd screws in the side of the neck near the heel. Here is a picture.

Are these for the truss rod or anchoring? I've never seen these before.
My guess is that whoever built it, put them there to **** with whoever owned the guitar in the future. Thats what I would do.
THALL
Looks like somebody wanted 19 and 21 fret dots. Maybe the original didn't have them (or the originals fell out). The location doesn't suggest a structural purpose.
Roc's probably right. They just seem like DIY fret markers.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Ok that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure they are not important before I remove them.
Quote by Cheeto333
Ok that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure they are not important before I remove them.

Its not homemade...I have seen those on other Penco's.

My guess is that its for a neck mount PUP. Probably from a leftover run of necks from another model.
Last edited by Sam Hain at Jan 5, 2012,
Thanks for the information. So nothing will be harmed if I take those out, right?
Although I'm considering leaving them in just for fun...
Quote by Cheeto333
Thanks for the information. So nothing will be harmed if I take those out, right?
Although I'm considering leaving them in just for fun...
Take one out and see whats in there. IMO if they are not bothering you just leave em.

By the way thats a kick ass guitar. A real good copy from what i hear/read.
Quote by Sam Hain
Take one out and see whats in there. IMO if they are not bothering you just leave em.

By the way thats a kick ass guitar. A real good copy from what i hear/read.

Yeah I'm falling in love pretty quickly. When I got it the tuners had been replaced with grovers and the pickups with Lace Humbuckers: a drop and gain in the bridge and a powered by lace in the neck. The neck is lovely and the bigsby is fun to mess around with.

Hard to beat for the $80 I paid for it!
Quote by Cheeto333

Hard to beat for the $80 I paid for it!

Wow...You win!