Yea I like the damien alot, but I cannot find a elite around here to play.... But I am thinking it should be better if anything
I own a Damien Elite FR, and while I DO want a pickup swap for it(not an EMG person, but I *AM* a lefty so I don't have much choice for 80s metal guitars other than Ibby, and I find their necks too small, and I got it new with a hardshell case and a setup for $700 CDN so I can't really complain), it's a very solidly-built guitar, I think it plays great, the Floyd keeps tune nicely(I abuse the trem a lot, and my bar won't flutter after the 7 months I've owned her, but otherwise she's fine), and if EMGs are your thing, it's got those too(if not you could easily sell them)!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
the Elites are usually the best of the best of each line. Nice way to get $100 in upgraded guitar. Better wood Moehogony vs Basswood and I think the Elite might be a neck thru or a set neck too.
Hell I would go for it.
The EMGs should sound good in the Moe hogoney. And the value of an EMG set is like $200 retail.

So its a WAY better deal.

Like the other dude was saying...you could sell the EMGs if you don't like them and they could pay for almost any thing else.
What the hell!!!
Last edited by danvwman at Jan 6, 2012,
I liked how the damien sounded, I am guessing the actives should sound better all around then the passive emgs? But what about the basswood vs mahogany maple top, would I lose a lot of the high end?