Hi, I just purchased an EMG 81 from ebay. The seller just pulled it out of one of his guitars so it doesn't come with all of the exciting accessories that comes with it new. I've heard that you need to replace everything when you get an EMG, but I'm wondering what exactly is necessary in my situation

Things to note:
-My guitar is an Ibanez ART100. Two humbuckers, 2 volume pots, one tone

-My neck pickup is passive, but I just leave the volume off and use the pickup selector as a killswitch.

-I just leave the tone knob all the way up (don't know if it makes any difference though)
Equipment
White Ibanez ART100
Behringer HM-300
Crate GX-130c
for emus you need 25k pots and a batter jack and the emg quick connect cable. now for the pickup selector you will need to change the wiring completely and for the emg i would just wire it straight volume to output and only have the tone for the passive
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
for emus you need 25k pots and a batter jack and the emg quick connect cable. now for the pickup selector you will need to change the wiring completely and for the emg i would just wire it straight volume to output and only have the tone for the passive

Alright, thank you. I'll have to wait and see what all the guy sends with the pickup, but I know for a fact that it has the connector cables
Equipment
White Ibanez ART100
Behringer HM-300
Crate GX-130c