I have around £300 to spend on an acoustic. I was thinking about getting a Yamaha FG730S but I was wondering what other guitars I should consider in this price range.

Thanks.
Last edited by circlethesky at Jan 21, 2012,
i really like ovations
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
At the moment I'm thinking about getting either a Yamaha FG750s or a Tanglewood TW115ST which is about £60 cheaper but I've heard some people actually prefer it over the Yamaha. Has anyone here had experience with these guitars?
Crafter and Takamine are definitely worth considering. I've been playing over 25 years and consider them to be excellent acoustics.

Ovation are OK, but I've never got on with their usual bowl-back shape.

Don't know about the exact models you're comparing, but from my general experience with Yamaha and Tanglewood I'd go with the Tanglewood. Yamaha are good if you're spending a lot of money, but I've never found their cheaper models to be anything more than average.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Crafter and Takamine are definitely worth considering. I've been playing over 25 years and consider them to be excellent acoustics.

Ovation are OK, but I've never got on with their usual bowl-back shape.

Don't know about the exact models you're comparing, but from my general experience with Yamaha and Tanglewood I'd go with the Tanglewood. Yamaha are good if you're spending a lot of money, but I've never found their cheaper models to be anything more than average.

+1, I got a great sounding Tanglewood for about 300 as my first guitar.
I also have a great sounding Tanglewood (£220 new but I got it second hand for £80!)
Quote by Duv
Just worth saying that I see some acoustic guitars going for ridiculously low prices on Gumtree.

Never used Gumtree, but there are some excellent deals on eBay too.

I've also recently started looking at the instruments sections on cashconverters and cashgenerators websites - they have loads on there!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I like Taylors and SX for acoustics.
Originally Posted by sam b
Just grow you hair, then wet it and it'll look just like a mop like that