Combo XLR/TRS inputs, just realised can't use mic and guitar at same time...

Hey guys, I recently got a Steinberg CI2, and just now I realised I potential issue: It doesn't seem to be possible to keep an instrument plugged into it while using the phantom power, as it has two combo inputs, and the power can't be sent to just one of them.

Don't have high hopes for this, but is there any way to get round that, as I'm just going to have to be super extra careful and always unplug the guitar before using the mic, and looks like if I want to use both at once would need two mics.

If anyone has any suggestions I'll be eternally grateful though
It's called "phantom" power because only a certain kind of microphone can see it. Anything else plugged in there besides a condenser will not be affected. This includes instruments.
Quote by sandyman323
It's called "phantom" power because only a certain kind of microphone can see it. Anything else plugged in there besides a condenser will not be affected. This includes instruments.

The main thing to watch out for is most ribbon mics can't handle phantom power. I'm betting you don't use a ribbon mic anyway. Other than that you should be good to go.
You should still be able to use the instrument input just fine if phantom power is on. Hell, you should be able to use a dynamic mic that doesn't require phantom power, when its turned on, too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks for the replies guys, it's good to hear

Just did some more research, and it seems that the TRS and XLR connections are kept separate, so the phantom power won't even be going into the TRS connections. Seems a bit obvious now I guess, but now I'm quite reassured.

Thanks everyone