I just got this delivered to my house today!!!

It's a New Box Day!!!! YAY!

I realized, though, that I probably am more concerned with what's IN the box, so I decided to open it.

Inside, I found...well, I'll just let you see...

A Black thing!I think it might be alive...

Oh, wait...it's a Fish

Really...my cat's name is Fisher, or Fish for short...but WAIT A MINUTE!!!

He wasn't made by Egnater!

OOOOOOH!!!! I REMEMBER NOW!!! I already opened this and set it somewhere else!

On top of my Jet City 2x12! (which is also new) I also have my new pedalboard set up with it!

Only the Decimator, EQ, and actual pedal board are new to that, though. NOW FOR THE REVIEWS!

Decimator: Amazing. So far, everything I've used it with has loved it, and it has killed any unwanted noise and feedback within reason while keeping all sustain and pick attack. I've only ever had it in the realm of between 20 and 40, and it kills all the hiss, buzz, hum, and unwanted feedback. It doesn't keep your strings muted for you while your hands aren't muting them, but it's a noise suppressor, not a kill switch. I highly recommend this to everyone who uses the lead channel on their amp.

MXR 10-Band EQ: My new favorite pedal. If you can't adjust your sound to what you want with this pedal, you're doing it wrong. I've used it as a solo boost, a tone sculptor, a clean boost, a gain boost, and as a way to make my guitar sound like it's going through an AM Radio, and I never get tired of playing with this damn thing. I shit you not, with just this pedal setup, I made my MG sound good. Not great, not amazing, not anything worth spending the money on, but with that setup, it sounded good. Lightyears better than stock. I haven't decided if I'll be using this as a solo boost, or if I'll use it as a constant tone sculpting tool, or what, but it's definitely staying on my pedalboard.

Pedal board: I made it myself, and it's tits. (o )( o)

Jet City Cab: So far my only complaint is that it doesn't have casters, and one of the rubber feet just straight up fell off of it and I have no clue where it did that. I had to take them all off so that it doesn't wobble. Other than that, it's flexible because you can make it open or closed back, and it can be stereo or mono. I haven't had a lot of experience with speakers, but the Custom Eminence Drivers in these sound pretty good. I've used a Fender Blues Junior with it and was playing with my band using that and my TL-2, and it kept up nicely with the other guitarist, who is using a Rectoverb and a Mesa 2x12 loaded with V30s.

Egnater Vengeance: So far, I'm nothing but impressed. It has a very Mesa-like sound to it, although it isn't so close that it sounds like it's copying Mesa. However, you can also make it sound like a Marshall. It's VERY versatile. Again, they aren't trying to clone these amps, but it gets you into their ballpark while still sounding original. At first, I wasn't sure if it had enough gain for what I want, but the more I play it, the more I like it. I'll probably be boosting it with my TL-2 to give it a tighter sound and whatnot, but it sounds great on it's own. Easily nails Lamb of God tones, which I love. It doesn't really hit Children of Bodom on its own, but with the boost earlier, it got pretty close, and I didn't EQ the boost or really mess with it much at all. All the features are absolutely awesome, and I'm quite happy with my purchase so far. I'll be gigging with it next weekend on both friday and sunday, so we'll see how it holds up with the full band.

As for audio clips, I don't really have a means to record them other than my phone, and that wouldn't do any justice to the amp, and it probably couldn't handle the volume. However, my amp has this fancy "Recording Out" MIDI port in the back, so I'll definitely be investing in some sort of recording equipment to run my amp to my computer.

The only problem I'm having so far is the effects loop, and that's simply because I know nothing about it. Exactly how would I set up my Decimator in that? It has two knobs that say "Level" and a button that says "IN" by the symbol of the button pushed in and "OUT/PEDAL" with it pushed out. What would I want all of this set to to hook up my Decimator in the loop, and what should be plugged into where? Would any of these settings change if I would add my EQ to the loop?
Now for a more in-depth review:

The Cleans are amazing. I can do sparkly California cleans, or mid-heavy British cleans. If you push the gain up, or back it off and flip the gain switch to "+", it has some nice breakup to it. Then, with the gain set to plus, it goes from broken up cleans, to nice crunch. Playing with the EQ and mini switches can make it smooth and creamy or rough and nasty.
Flipping to Channel 2 takes off from before where Channel 1 leaves off. You can get a little bit lower gain than Channel 1 when it's dimed, but not much. It then goes from slightly crunchy to ballsy crunch that can sound either traditional American or British. Flipping this Channel's gain switch takes it up one more notch into metal territory. It can sound, again, very American or very British depending on your EQ and what you have the mini switches set to. This is seriously one hell of a versatile amp, and was worth every penny. The only thing that could make it better would be having 4 independent channels, or even 3, so that you an have a clean, crunch, and lead tone without having to change your amp's controls.

As for features, I'm blown away. The Half power option is useful if you want to cut the volume more and have a more subtle change when you move the volume knob. I haven't cranked it quite enough to listen to the differences in power tube saturation, as I've had sleeping people in the apartment all day, but I've cranked it a good bit to hear what it can actually do. Tomorrow I'll test it some more. The second master volume is nice for if you want a built in solo boost, or if you want two completely different volumes on tap. Hell, it could even be a kill switch. You can assign it to either channel or both channels on the footswitch, which also includes a button for the reverb, channel switching, mid boost for both channels, and a button to turn the effects loop on or off for one channel or both channels, which is nice if you only want your noise suppressor and EQ on your Lead channel like I do. The Reverb is very organic and natural, and the spillover features is awesome so that you don't hear that awkward cutoff when you switch channels. It's a subtle thing, but it's still a nice addition. I like that the bias settings are directly on the back of the amp, so that you don't have to mess around inside too much to bias the damn thing. They make it pretty damn simple. Now I just need to look into replacement tubes to up the sound quality even more.

I think that's the extent of my review, so I think I'll get back to my amp now
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

cool amp. yes - they seem pretty versatile

HNED!

wait....is that a pony barrel I see too. When is the party

BAHAHAHAHAHA! I had it delivered to my Mom's house because nobody can ever find my apartment, and she collects cows in her kitchen (not real ones, obviously ). That's a milk can thing and it has cows on the outside of it.
^

did you ever check out my clippy on this amp? i did some cleans with the reverb and then the bright switch whatever and then some high gain with the pregain at like 8/10 I think. Like you said, kinda Mesa'y but still had its own tone going. Something I really liek about the Egnaters.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^

did you ever check out my clippy on this amp? i did some cleans with the reverb and then the bright switch whatever and then some high gain with the pregain at like 8/10 I think. Like you said, kinda Mesa'y but still had its own tone going. Something I really liek about the Egnaters.

No, I didn't, but you were the final drive over the edge that made me decide to buy this instead of the Jet City. I had considered everyone's opinions so far and looked at the votes and still wasn't sure. Then, you posted and I was like "**** it! Going with the Vengeance!" I figured that if it was important enough for you to STILL try to catch me before I bought it, I should probably just switch, so I did. I'm quite happy.

I'm happy that it has the Mesa vibe, because the other guitarist in my band uses a Rectoverb, so it'll blend nicely with his while still standing out from it, I hope. We shall see next weekend
Quote by Blktiger0
No, I didn't, but you were the final drive over the edge that made me decide to buy this instead of the Jet City. I had considered everyone's opinions so far and looked at the votes and still wasn't sure. Then, you posted and I was like "**** it! Going with the Vengeance!" I figured that if it was important enough for you to STILL try to catch me before I bought it, I should probably just switch, so I did. I'm quite happy.

I'm happy that it has the Mesa vibe, because the other guitarist in my band uses a Rectoverb, so it'll blend nicely with his while still standing out from it, I hope. We shall see next weekend

HAHAHAHAHA....Oh Crap. No pressure

Well, now I hope you really really like it

Keep us posted. I never messed with the mid gain or the mid-cut swithes for that matter so I'm really curious how it does in the mids department and how it stacks up/pairs with the Rectoverb.

Here was that short clip I did - if anything it might give someone else a taste of what it can do.

http://s545.photobucket.com/albums/hh384/buckethead_311/Amp%20stuff/?action=view&current=1a196a75.mp4
HNAD!! Egnater makes some great stuff. I agree though, I wish they made a 3 channel amp. If the cleans are anything like the renegade, you'll love it.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Happy NAD. ****ing sweet amp. If I didnt love my Laney so much that would be my next amp. Egnater makes some amazing stuff.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
NCD. New Cat Day.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Post #3 of said vs thread...

Quote by gregs1020
i'd say get the amp you can actually get now.

you should have a 30 day return/exchange period so you can test it with your rig and if you don't think it fits the bill then you can return/exchange it and get the jet city.

glad you like it, egnater makes some great amps.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HAHAHAHAHA....Oh Crap. No pressure

Well, now I hope you really really like it

Keep us posted. I never messed with the mid gain or the mid-cut swithes for that matter so I'm really curious how it does in the mids department and how it stacks up/pairs with the Rectoverb.

Here was that short clip I did - if anything it might give someone else a taste of what it can do.

http://s545.photobucket.com/albums/hh384/buckethead_311/Amp%20stuff/?action=view&current=1a196a75.mp4

Actually, I DID watch that...after seeing the video, I remember it.

Quote by gregs1020
Post #3 of said vs thread...

glad you like it, egnater makes some great amps.

That was another post that encouraged me to take the plunge. My biggest fear was that I couldn't find nearly as many clips or reviews of the Egnater, but I think I'll be keeping it. Last night I ran my EQ through the loop, and with some EQing, I got a very Children of Bodom sound out of it. I can't decide if I want that constantly running through the loop or not, though. I like it with and without the EQ. I might just use it for certain songs. Maybe for our thrashier stuff I'll use the EQed tone and for our groovier stuff I'll run with the straight amp tone.