Hey guys, my first video of 2012. I honestly am not too crazy about my performance, something just feels off with this vid, not quite sure why. I generally hit the notes, maybe it's the audio, I'm not quite sure, but I hope you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aATPYi9mP1g

C4C
Quote by slash-120
That was good mate, nice technique and your tone suited the song well! Next time maybe have the song quieter so you can hear your guitar more?. All good though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509396

I had a LOT of trouble with mixing this song, the song was either way too quiet or too loud, this was the best I could get it. Thank you though, I'll comment after I get home from work tonight.
id say when in doubt make the track youre playing along to too quiet instead of too loud. if someone stalks all my posts theyd realize what a broken record i am because its a huge pet peeve of mine when the backing is too loud and you cant even hear what people are supposedly playing in their covers. honestly though yours isnt too bad at all, i probably wouldnt even have mentioned it if it wasnt already brought up. im not familiar with the original or even the style in general so i could be off here but in the intro part it looks like youre playing all down picks when it would be way easier to alternate pick. i know sometimes with heavier music guitarists do this on purpose because they like the choppier/harder sound the down picking gives so if youre doing in on purpose then forgive me but if not it might be something to think about. i think what i like the most is that your love for the song is clearly visible as youre outwardly having fun playing it which even though youd think would be a given just doesnt seem to be the case that much. your description implies that you rock out even more in some other videos so im going to have to check some of those out for sure. nice work and thanks for checking out my song too
Quote by jmako
id say when in doubt make the track youre playing along to too quiet instead of too loud. if someone stalks all my posts theyd realize what a broken record i am because its a huge pet peeve of mine when the backing is too loud and you cant even hear what people are supposedly playing in their covers. honestly though yours isnt too bad at all, i probably wouldnt even have mentioned it if it wasnt already brought up. im not familiar with the original or even the style in general so i could be off here but in the intro part it looks like youre playing all down picks when it would be way easier to alternate pick. i know sometimes with heavier music guitarists do this on purpose because they like the choppier/harder sound the down picking gives so if youre doing in on purpose then forgive me but if not it might be something to think about. i think what i like the most is that your love for the song is clearly visible as youre outwardly having fun playing it which even though youd think would be a given just doesnt seem to be the case that much. your description implies that you rock out even more in some other videos so im going to have to check some of those out for sure. nice work and thanks for checking out my song too

Thanks for the critique man. I do purposely downstroke the intro, because it was easier to count that way for me. I'd find myself going off time occasionally alt. picking for that part, so to make sure that didn't happen during the vid, i just down stroked.

and yeah I didn't go too far out to rock out for this song as much as I have for some other ones. Such as Welcome to the Black Parade, The Downfall of us All, or kickstart my heart :P
Hey it sounded good and I subscribed!

I think your tone is spot on, you nail the pinch harmonics, and your fretting hand looks pretty damn good. Because you were shifting from down strokes to alt picking you sometimes get tripped up and it throws the rhythm a bit but you still hold it down and rock it.

Here's my vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_TJADTgypk
Hey man! Your thread caught my attention because most people don't usually play songs that have as low of a tuning as Slipknot's, so I thought I'd check it out and it was a great first vid for 2012! My only suggestion really is to probably turn the volume of the actual song down a pinch, so you can hear you more clearly. But those pinch harmonics that you hit were really good. Great job! Another thing I liked is that you looked like you enjoyed playing the song, which is the most important part.

Keep me posted with any videos that you put up!

C4C on my cover? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509380