I'm trying to recorder a verse then play the chorus then have that same verse riff played back so I can solo over it... so it will be like. ---{press record}(riff1){stop recording}---chorus---{playback loop}(riff1<solo>{stop loop}---continue song---
is this possible? I'v seen videos and it looks like the loop starts playing right after it is recorded. it would be for live situations so I don't want to have the loops pre recorded and stored. I'd like to record them on the spot. save them(not instantly played back) then hitting play when it's time. loops would be up to two minutes long.. if that matters. thanks.
Depends on the looper.I assume a more advance one like the Boss RC-30 or Re-300 would be able to do this.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
yeah.. I was thinking the same thing. i was hoping someone with a loop pedal could confirm this.
I mean to be frank it would probably best to have them prerecorded for a situation like that. It's not like your audience is going to get angry because you're using a looper.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I guess.. but sometimes the songs are played a little slower or faster than usual. a pre recorded loop at one speed might not match the timeing or rhythm of the live situation. I could just be over thinking the whole thing though.
Yes I know what you mean actually. Maybe use the pedal during practices as well to practice syncopation?
Quote by barden1069
yeah.. that thought crossed my mind as I was writing the last post. it would just be so much easier without auto playing the loop. it looks like I'll be taking a tip to the local music shop and giveing the loopers a try.
The basic looper won't do that. You need a looper with multiple tracks. Not sure which ones (if any) will stop on one track and start recording another with a single control switch.