Hey guys!
Im an amateur guitarist and Im trying to learn the final countdown solo. Ive got the whole thing down but its the speed im after.
I can play the solo's starting riff perfectly. but after that riff, there is a really fast riff which I can play but i mess up most of the time. And after this riff, the solo's intro repeats and then its pretty easy. But that fast riff is kinda tough to play perfectly!
Im gonna have to play the song with my band for our school's annual day next friday so I have exactly a week!
What do I do to get it down perfectly? Help!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
slow it down

play it with a metronome

when you can play it perfectly at a slow speed, bump up the bpm a little bit

it's simple, it's boring, it takes time, it works.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Ok that sounds like it'll work.. Might take an hour or two though... Doesnt matter! Seems to be the only way!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
an hour or two

maybe for this one lick, but wait till you learn economic picking or something and wake up 3 months later having only advanced about 5 bpm
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.