So a while back I converted my 20th Ann. Edt. Squier to an HSS (My first novice attempt at a guitar mod). I just wired up the humbucker like how the single coil was and used a Fender HSS pickguard. The guitar works and the pickup selector does what it's supposed to. But the humbucker is F**king HOT! It's just LOUD as hell! But it kicks serious ass that way. I like to switch from Rhythm (Neck and/or middle single coils) to leads (bridge pos. humbucker). It's really a great sound. But should I be aware of any faulty wiring issues that could damage my equipment? I'd be really ripped if I blew my ValveKing head.
Guitar Center Tech: We'll replace it if you drop it, run it over, spill beer on it-
Jay (Bass): We spill beer!
Myself: Okay, yeah, I'll do the Gold Coverage.
Bump
Guitar Center Tech: We'll replace it if you drop it, run it over, spill beer on it-
Nothing you've said makes it sound like it's wired out of phase as the title suggests. You'd hear it sounding thin with a lot of treble in the 2 and 4 positions if that were the case. If it all sounds good then you should be fine. The humbucker can be lowered away from the strings a bit if you want to even out the volume between all the pups, or you can raise the others if there is enough room. You are dealing with passive electronics unless you have active pups. You aren't going to hurt the amp. If something is wired wrong it won't work or it's sound wrong. The amp will be fine though.
Quote by poppameth
Nothing you've said makes it sound like it's wired out of phase as the title suggests. You'd hear it sounding thin with a lot of treble in the 2 and 4 positions if that were the case. If it all sounds good then you should be fine. The humbucker can be lowered away from the strings a bit if you want to even out the volume between all the pups, or you can raise the others if there is enough room. You are dealing with passive electronics unless you have active pups. You aren't going to hurt the amp. If something is wired wrong it won't work or it's sound wrong. The amp will be fine though.

Much appreciated bro. My mistake about the title (I heard that term used for my sit once). I tried to lower the humbucker and raise the single coils to even it out but to no avail. But it's all good, I'm gonna keep playing as it is.