Yeah lol...So, I've got a Fat Strat, I play surf & grunge music (grunge as in more like Nirvana meets the Sex Pistols, not Alice In Chains "metal" stuff) & I need help finding some pickups.

I've already got a JB in the bridge and I really like it because it's bright, but not too bright. I love having my cleans for that surf/pop sound, but I also need the pickups to take distortion well (so I can get my grunge/punk sound). Anyway, any help you guys have would be greatly appreciated. If you have questions, go ahead and ask...
Which amplifier will you be running these through?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
When I think Surf I think Twangy with the Reverb dimed, so really what's wrong with what you have now?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Which amplifier will you be running these through?

a Fender Deville

Quote by RealGuitarHero
When I think Surf I think Twangy with the Reverb dimed, so really what's wrong with what you have now?

I need 2 other single coil pickups because the ones i have now are just stock.
what you need is a fuzz pedal and mix it with the amp distortion or distortion pedal .. the Duncan JB is just fine for that . your pickup isnt the problem . neither is the guitar .

Switching pickup wont bring fuzz to your sound and wont sound more Nirvana .

Tube amp with a mix of distortion and fuzz = grunge .

Your guitar is fine and so is your fender deville . get a Big muff pedal , blast it into the deville

and get a good distortion pedal ( please not a Boss DS2 turbo disortion .. thats not a good pedal even if kurt used one . its a tone sucker and isnt worth shit IMO ) .

my recommendation .. MI audio crunch box for distortion + big muff pi with tone wicker for fuzz . you should be set for grunge .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jan 7, 2012,