Hi everyone!"

Hope it's the right place for my question!

I've got a Gibson Custom Alpine White, and i think that it's pickups aren't enough for that genre. I mean, when i hear some metal guitar sound (in particular metalcore and deathcore, KSE and Feared above all) i hear low end tones (i've also listened to some raw guitar tracks!). When i record with my own amp, a Mesa Boogie Mark V, having the same Ola Englund's (Feared's guitarist) settings, i feel that something's wrong . It isn't punchy enough, it's not enough tight, and there are some noises that derives from the guitar itself. I tried to add a low pass filter on logic, cutting some high frequences, but the problem is still the same. Should i change my pickups? Should i put in some new Seymour Duncan like the Distortion, or the Duncan Custom or a lighter JB? Hope you'll help me!

I'm looking for that sound! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0D0Le3dXnI

(See? Same amp head, same settings! The only difference is that i've got a cab with two Eminence The Governor)

Stay BROOODALZ
I'm no expert on pickups, but if you're confident the amp is capable of getting the sound you're after, changing pickups would be a good next step.

I will say this though: Keep the original pickups. If you ever decide to sell your guitar & get a different one, you'll (usually) get a better price for one which is all original than one which has been modified.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Are you sure that the reason your sound isn't quite the same as what you hear on recordings isn't the fact that on records they're multitracked?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
If you replace it, for a Les Paul Custom I wouldn't bother much with Dimarzios and Duncans, I'd get some more high end pickups for it.

Also you won't get the exact tone as Ola because you are not using a thin, Basswood Ibanez, but a fat Custom Shop Les Paul with full mahagony body.
Try dialing back some bass or boosting the amp with an OD before you swap pickups though.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i dont know what you use for a cab but you should be using a closed back cab if your not
I don't know if it's the exact sound you're looking for but I've read that the guitarists from Gallows record with stock Les Paul Customs from the seventies or something and they have a pretty heavy sound.
Sure? I knew that open back cab has more low definition! But i can close it, i'll record with closed back and see what happens!

I tried to multitrack my recording, and it didn't work! I mean, it wasn't tight and big enough! Maybe cuz i heard it without drums? Dunno...

I'm building a new guitars (next step is to apply the trasparent finish, so i'm in the final steps) with a basswood body and a maple neck, it will come with a JB in the bridge, maybe i can wait to see if it sounds better for metal... Anyway, don't you think that there are better options than the Gibson pickups?
If you pan hard left and right ehen you multi track it should sound huge.

Also, put tape on the strings behind the nut and between you ToM and stoptail to dampen the noise.

Gibson pickups are pretty good, not the best in the workd but they deff work for LPCs
Quote by OverDiuk
Sure? I knew that open back cab has more low definition! But i can close it, i'll record with closed back and see what happens!

I tried to multitrack my recording, and it didn't work! I mean, it wasn't tight and big enough! Maybe cuz i heard it without drums? Dunno...

I'm building a new guitars (next step is to apply the trasparent finish, so i'm in the final steps) with a basswood body and a maple neck, it will come with a JB in the bridge, maybe i can wait to see if it sounds better for metal... Anyway, don't you think that there are better options than the Gibson pickups?

Maybe take a look at some higher output pickups by Bareknuckle or whatever you get suggested.

Other than that try turning up the volume, boosting the amp and tightening up your playing (please don't be offended, I have no idea how you play).
If you can't get a great heavy tone with a Les Paul Custom and a Mark V you are doing something wrong IMO.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
That tone is not suited for a Les Paul at all! If I were you get another guitar for it and keep the Les Paul for it's creamy smooth tone.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by OverDiuk

didn't work! I mean, it wasn't tight and big enough! Maybe cuz i heard it

the closed back should tighten the bass up.. there will be more pressure on the drivets and make it punch a bit harder... maybe even try a bass cab if you have one available to experement with
You say "punch" which to me sounds like big attack with a fat low end. If you find yourself in dire need to replace your original pickups then I'd use a pair of EMGs. Hell, just listen to Zakk Wylde! That's the raunchiest sounding Les Paul I've ever heard for metal. Obviously, he's after a different tone but man, EMGs really deliver. Active sets would proly be the best choice if your looking for a lot of drive.
Guitar Center Tech: We'll replace it if you drop it, run it over, spill beer on it-
Jay (Bass): We spill beer!
Myself: Okay, yeah, I'll do the Gold Coverage.
Quote by SonicTheShreder
You say "punch" which to me sounds like big attack with a fat low end. If you find yourself in dire need to replace your original pickups then I'd use a pair of EMGs. Hell, just listen to Zakk Wylde! That's the raunchiest sounding Les Paul I've ever heard for metal. Obviously, he's after a different tone but man, EMGs really deliver. Active sets would proly be the best choice if your looking for a lot of drive.

EMGs tighten the bass, which cuts the fat low end you're talking about.
They don't make the tone any fatter, but thinner with more attack and definition.

However, I wouldn't "waste" a great instrument like a Les Paul Custom by putting EMGs into it.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp

However, I wouldn't "waste" a great instrument like a Les Paul Custom by putting EMGs into it.

Which is why the split coil PAF and Burstbucker are gonna stay in mine.
Guitar Center Tech: We'll replace it if you drop it, run it over, spill beer on it-
Jay (Bass): We spill beer!
Myself: Okay, yeah, I'll do the Gold Coverage.
Quote by SonicTheShreder

Which is why the split coil PAF and Burstbucker are gonna stay in mine.

Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
BG pickups offer a wide range of nice sounding PAF's, he winds them all by hand in the States. great sound. i am going to get a hellabucker and something to match the neck, but i am not sure what would be going in the neck. he likely has a wait though, but don't know how long.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah, if i change my P.U they will be passive, i want feel the mohogany body! I've listened to the Doug Aldrich Suhr and been pretty impressed! I know that a Les Paul is not an Ibanez RG, but i want to hear my Les Paul sound as tight as it can. Any other passive pickups suggestions?