In a local craigs list add, I found a used Epiphone EJ-200 CE with a case. He wants $425 for it, but I think that may be a bit high.

What would be a good price for the guitar/what is the most you would pay for it? Assuming it is in good condition. It is in the sunburst finish, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.
200$. 250$ tops

they sell for 475 brand new

typical epi acoustics are about as appealing as herpes. For that price range you could buy an epi masterbilt which would blow the EJ200 out of the water.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
MARILYN9500 on ebay has 2 ej200's one a black non-cutaway for 199. and a natural ce for 299. she gets factory returns or display models and sell 'em cheap. i got 3 from her already and they were all in perfect condition, no flaws at all. she's extremely careful about the ones she chooses to sell. very good to deal with( retired music teacher i think) i paid about 1/3 retail on the ones i got from her.
totally agree with this part.

Quote by mike_oxbig
For that price range you could buy an epi masterbilt which would blow the EJ200 out of the water.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thanks for the info so far, but how much should the case cost me extra with the guitar? I offered $350 but he didn't want to go that low, would it be a good idea to let this one go?
Yeah just move on...the guy's a dreamer, let him dream. If it's a deluxe hard case it would add maybe 50$ to the value. if it's a gig bag it would add like 10.

patience is key when looking for used guitars. give it a week or two and you'll find someone who isn't trying to overcharge. Or maybe post an ad of your own saying you have cash to spend and you'll buy from whoever offers you the best value. I did that a year or so ago and ended up with an epi les paul custom for 200 bucks.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Last edited by mike_oxbig at Jan 6, 2012,