I've got some more cash lately and I'm looking for a backup metal guitar with ebony fretboard. I don't really care about other specifics, I'm just crazy about the ebony.

I've seen LTD ec-1000t with pretty fretboard as well as jackson SLSMG. Do you guys have any other ideas? (lets stay within les paul/strat shape please no V's). LTD looks cool but I'm worried about the ESP vs LTD stuff. I don't think I'd be able to bear the fact I dont have the "genuine" one...

Is there ANYTHING made in Japan with ebony up to 1000$? : /
just get a ALPINE WHITE gibson les paul studio. it has an ebony fretboard.
but $1000 is loads of money there must be something in a super strat shape or something. have you lookes at shecter guitars? but the lp will do the job and if noth there money left in your budget for new pickups.

EDIT: also check out jackson guitars and ibanez guitars.
Last edited by itamar100 at Jan 6, 2012,
You can get a custom Carvin with an ebony fretboard for $1,000 or less, depending on the model. They make awesome guitars.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
You'll be lucky to get an MIJ guitar for $1000 in general, much less one with an ebony board.

I know Schecter ATX guitars have an ebony board, as well as some LTD EC models like you already mentioned.

I don't think Ibanez makes any models with ebony.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If I was you I would consider going used. If you can get your budget up to $1300 you can scoop a used ESP eclipse ii.

edit nevermind specs say its rosewood. Looked like ebony.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Jan 6, 2012,
Why do you want ebony so much? I think its kinda overrated compared to a nice rosewood or maple one.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend