During my deployment to Afghanistan I ordered my dream; A Gibson Les Paul. But this LP just blew me away with push/pull potted split coils. Jimmy Page is my guitar god and I wanted a set up as close to his as I could get and this guitar delivered. Upon reading many descriptions I found that this guitar line is the first of Gibson to receive the "Pleck" treatment. Out of the hardshell case it was beautiful. I tuned it up and it was done. I couldn't find anything to adjust at all. I brought it to a tech at GC and he handed it back saying it was perfect. Much opposed to my Strat which took about half an hour to get all done up. What I'm asking here is what does the community think of Plecking guitars. If you have one, what are your thoughts?
Guitar Center Tech: We'll replace it if you drop it, run it over, spill beer on it-
Jay (Bass): We spill beer!
Myself: Okay, yeah, I'll do the Gold Coverage.
I don't own, and as far as I know, have never even played a guitar that has had Pleck treatment. However, everything I've read about the thing indicates towards that factories that do have Pleck machinery available produce instruments with very high and consistent quality. Maybe in the future, more companies can afford to get Pleck machines to their factories, which will be great - I feel that every step that makes mass production guitars better is a step towards the right end.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I don't own one, but from what I've read, I hope ESP starts doing this! Haha
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
plek'd guitars are amazing (at least gibson's). i think they do it on the trad pro IIrC and up. they also do it to problem guitars according to a few places (don't have links) but i have a gibby that was plek'd, the only way you can tell is if there is the sticker. they do a better job that probably some of the best luthiers in the world do. it is pretty cool. not one dead fret, every thing is perfect. totally worth it. i have seen videos on it in action and its cool.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Offworld92
I don't own one, but from what I've read, I hope ESP starts doing this! Haha

Agreed!
Guitar Center Tech: We'll replace it if you drop it, run it over, spill beer on it-
Jay (Bass): We spill beer!
Myself: Okay, yeah, I'll do the Gold Coverage.
I've got 1 plek'd guitar.. It plays wonderfully, however does it play better than my guitars? Not really, I can see the benefit for manufacturers but tbh you'll struggle to tell the difference between a quality tech set up and a plek set up.

I do like the fact that my preferences are now remembered and I can go back with a guitar and get the exact same result.. But as long as it's near enough I don't particularly mind; I'm not aiming for the lowest action possible so maybe I'm not the best clientèle.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Not to sound stupid, but what's a "Pleck'd" guitar?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
My Gibson Les Paul was done on a pleck machine. It's perfect. Plays so well. No buzzing, no intonation problems no nothing. The pleck machine is an amazing bit of kit and is probably one of the best things to happen to the guitar building industry in a very long time.
Sonic, congrats on the LP, I played the Jimmy Page model and thought it was absolutely amazing. Apparently, all Gibson guitars are Plekked these days according to Gibson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kv6KMwCEkI

2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
2007 Taylor NS32ce
2008 Agile Cool Cat Prestige
2009 SX SJB-62CT 3TS Fretless Bass
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
My Gibson Les Paul was done on a pleck machine. It's perfect. Plays so well. No buzzing, no intonation problems no nothing. The pleck machine is an amazing bit of kit and is probably one of the best things to happen to the guitar building industry in a very long time.

+311 they are awesome. especially that they have no room for error, or subpar fret work.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/