Hey there guys. I have noticed that when I play some arpeggiated chords, that when I switch to another chord or alter the existing chord with an added note that I get some noise when lifting off. I have been trying to minimize it but are there any tips to totally eradicate it? Parts like The Call of Ktulu intro or the clean sections to Cemetery Gates("Reverend" section lyrics) I notice it on. "One last Breath" intro too. Any help??
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Last edited by Megadeth09 at Jan 6, 2012,
Quote by h3llh4mm3r
Try not playing guitar in a space shuttle (get it? space shuttle? lift off?) =)

Ha! Nice one
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by h3llh4mm3r
Try not playing guitar in a space shuttle (get it? space shuttle? lift off?) =)

Best ever.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
The right hand mutes everything as soon as the left hand stops touching the fretboard.
A reflex worth acquiring.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Quote by Slashiepie
The right hand mutes everything as soon as the left hand stops touching the fretboard.
A reflex worth acquiring.

I know that's the case with playing with distortion, but also with clean settings? What about those ultra fast chord switches, surely there is no palm mute in between those?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by Megadeth09
I know that's the case with playing with distortion, but also with clean settings? What about those ultra fast chord switches, surely there is no palm mute in between those?

If you are producing unwanted sounds, you gotta kill them :P
It´s a gain thing mainly and the clean settings will be a lot more forgiving, but the pickups are still there transfering the signals.

Try it insanely slow to see if you are lifting off/sliding the way you want it to sound, clean it up.. thats the way it should stay when you do it faster

Dont just shoot your fingers up as fast as possible, relax them and unfret while keeping them as close as possible.. they can also mute whie lifting off :P

As always it boils down to trial and error and practice.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Jan 7, 2012,
Quote by Slashiepie
If you are producing unwanted sounds, you gotta kill them :P
It´s a gain thing mainly and the clean settings will be a lot more forgiving, but the pickups are still there transfering the signals.

Try it insanely slow to see if you are lifting off/sliding the way you want it to sound, clean it up.. thats the way it should stay when you do it faster

Dont just shoot your fingers up as fast as possible, relax them and unfret while keeping them as close as possible.. they can also mute whie lifting off :P

As always it boils down to trial and error and practice.

Nice, thanks for that Will make a conscience effort from now on.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II