So the Ontario government is actually keeping a promise for once.

you can apply for a 30% tuition grant

https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal/en/PostsecondaryEducation/Tuition/index.htm

have you applied?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
The catch is you're still going to a Canadian university.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
im really starting to like canada
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I was actually just on that page before I came to the Pit. Will be filling out the application when my parents come home tonight.
Wow, doing what he said he would do? This is probably the only thing promise I've seen being kept.

Either way, I already paid for this winter, plus I'll be taking extra courses here and there this summer, so it probably doesn't apply to part time.

Plus I've learned my lesson, never going back to school again, it's such an artificial and corrupt system. I would only go to uni, never ever back to college. But I doubt my 2 years would knock a year off in uni, I know people say you can do that but deep inside I know they'll never allow it, plus it's too late for me to get back to school. My friends are all working, almost done school, making money, and I'm still at the same spot, done 3 years in total of college, and nothing to show for it because it doesn't get me anywhere.
Quote by ErikLensherr
The catch is you're still going to a Canadian university.

No. The catch is to get you to stay in Ontario.
Quote by metalblaster
Wow, doing what he said he would do? This is probably the only thing promise I've seen being kept.

true. mcguinty is a ****ing douche. only premiere ever to not keep a single promise in a term.

Pretty sure its just trying to get the youth vote liberal though. as this is only going to cause more debt issues.

Either way, I already paid for this winter, plus I'll be taking extra courses here and there this summer, so it probably doesn't apply to part time.

i've already paid, that doesnt block me from being able to get the grant

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jan 6, 2012,
Quote by guitarxo
and again, I regret not applying to U of T

lol uoft can blow a load, yeah thats right LT.Shinysides, i know your reading this ya bastard!

Queens ftw

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
true. mcguinty is a ****ing douche. only premiere ever to not keep a single promise in a term.

Pretty sure its just trying to get the youth vote liberal though. as this is only going to cause more debt issues.

i've already paid, that doesnt block me from being able to get the grant

Yup, he's the bane of our existence. The HST, that whole eco-tax thing, it all just happened overnight and we all woke up to it, to me that's the sort of thing you;d see out of a dictatorship.

Winter fees are due usually in november or something right? I think it said on there that it wasn't retroactive, to basically anything that happens in this year but not before.
Quote by metalblaster

Winter fees are due usually in november or something right? I think it said on there that it wasn't retroactive, to basically anything that happens in this year but not before.

Yeah they are, but the grant is available for this semester, even if its already paid, or so say all my facebook friends

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Shame they're only making it avaliable for people who graduated from high school 4 years ago.

Quote by Fat Lard
State gave me 75% tuition. You mad?

Uni is free here for everyone. U mad?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by JimmyBanks6
lol uoft can blow a load, yeah thats right LT.Shinysides, i know your reading this ya bastard!

Queens ftw

I don't think I'd get into Queens
cat
Quote by Kensai
Shame they're only making it avaliable for people who graduated from high school 4 years ago.

Uni is free here for everyone. U mad?

Also for foreigners? That's it I'm moving.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Yeah they are, but the grant is available for this semester, even if its already paid, or so say all my facebook friends

Hmm, yeah I guess that's something you would get a clear answer from someone on a phone, they have a hotline, I might check it out.

They don't have anything for part time though, besides their usual grant, which apparently applies to part time courses covering 20-59% course load. For my situation I'm hopefully going to be re-taking 5 courses this summer, all on-line lol dumbest thing ever, pay an extra 50$ and the course is twice as easy.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Also for foreigners? That's it I'm moving.

I think it's free for foreigners in the EU atleast.
Seems to me that that's a bad idea. Granted, the Canadian debt isn't anywhere near the US debt. But any debt is bad, imho.
Quote by Kensai
I think it's free for foreigners in the EU atleast.

Then the question is: how do the universities in Canada and Sweden compare to other universities. Are they better of worse? My plan is to do a one year Msc in Economics next year and then move on to a prestigious university somewhere in the world, but that will probably lead to a 100k debt.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Seems to me that that's a bad idea. Granted, the Canadian debt isn't anywhere near the US debt. But any debt is bad, imho.

Not every debt is bad... especially not debt that leads to extra human capital and extra economic growth in the future. The interest rates, in a financial system that works decently mind you, are simply there for regulating current and future consumption. It seems to me that this policy is not only there for moral reasons, but will eventually pay of. Therefore debt isn't always bad.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
What kind of collegiate financial aid do Canadians get anyway?
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by Neo Evil11
Then the question is: how do the universities in Canada and Sweden compare to other universities. Are they better of worse? My plan is to do a one year Msc in Economics next year and then move on to a prestigious university somewhere in the world, but that will probably lead to a 100k debt.

I really couldn't tell you You'll get a good education here.
Cool, I'm going back in September this is great.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

True, although ''debt'' itself, isn't a bad thing to have, in its entirety. It's quite natural to have some debt. Keyword: some.

I don't think ours is too high, but the numbers are whirling in my head so I can't get an exact pinpoint of what ours actually is. Either way, we potentially have the largest reserves of oil in the world so, yeah, just sayin' Of course Russia is always going to be a big competitor, the middle east is starting to show its bullshit. My buddy did a project on oil and how it relates to economics or something complicated like that, he was saying that apparently Saudi Arabia has been saying they have the same amount of oil for like 3 times in a row now.
Quote by son_of_bodom
What kind of collegiate financial aid do Canadians get anyway?

Usually a provincial thing, OSAP is Ontario. Quebec has its own thing and so on...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

This is being funded through cuts to other programs.

-edit-

Kind of angry that they eliminated a grant targeted at low-income families to fund a program that has a cut-off of 160k when the median family income of ontario families is 60-70k. Students from low-income families will now receive less than half of what they got before: 3500$ down to 1600$ to attend university.

Also the less than 4 years out of high school limit is bullshit.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Jan 6, 2012,
The funny thing is if I wouldn't have stayed for a second year of grade 12 in high school, I wouldn't be able to apply for this.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by metalblaster
True, although ''debt'' itself, isn't a bad thing to have, in its entirety. It's quite natural to have some debt. Keyword: some.

I don't think ours is too high, but the numbers are whirling in my head so I can't get an exact pinpoint of what ours actually is. Either way, we potentially have the largest reserves of oil in the world so, yeah, just sayin' Of course Russia is always going to be a big competitor, the middle east is starting to show its bullshit. My buddy did a project on oil and how it relates to economics or something complicated like that, he was saying that apparently Saudi Arabia has been saying they have the same amount of oil for like 3 times in a row now.

That's probably the amount of oil that is economically viable to produce. The price has gone up, so the stuff that costs more to extract, is now viable too.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ