Budget:500-700
Genre: Alternative (especially 90s Alt Rock) like Foo Fighters, Incubus, RHCP, Radiohead etc.
No preference on new or used, either is fine
Mostly for home use/mic'd recording but I do gig on occasion and jam with my roommates
Closest City: I am a Mormon Dude from Salt Lake City, UT! haha
Current Gear: P.O.S. (blown) Crate Amp, Epiphone Union Jack Supernove, Cheap Ibanez Gio (that will probably soon be sold)

Also please recommend and pedals you like for this sound/amp and possible pickups to put in the Union Jack! Thanks!

I was playing on a Vox AC15C1 and a VT120+ the other day, kinda liked though, but not sure on the VT120+. Thanks guys!
The Blackstar HT Stage 60 I think would fit for all those styles pretty well. It is a versatile amp that sounds good clean, overdriven and distorted for under $1000, but on ebay there are multiple ones for around $700. As for pedals, for those styles I would say definitely a chorus and delay pedal. Check out the Visual Sound H2O. chorus and delay in one pedal, and they both have great kind of lush spacey tone thats fits really well for Incubus type stuff.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Jan 6, 2012,
The AC15 and the VT are pretty different. The good thing about the AC15 though is it takes pedals quite well. For the price it's a pretty great amp. If you wanted a little more power you could probably swing a Bugera BC30 which is a Matchless DC30 clone which is an AC30 clone which is in the AC family. It also has two effects loops for each channel which could be useful.

Off Topic.I am also a mormon.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
"I'm RealGuitarHero and I'm a Mormon"

I'm a big fan of Vox amps. I've never tried the C1's, but I've heard they're better than the CC1 model I bought maybe 4 or 5 years ago. They're great if you want a nice bright tone that also gets dirty pretty well. Also, they get surprisingly loud.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
"I'm RealGuitarHero and I'm a Mormon"

I'm a big fan of Vox amps. I've never tried the C1's, but I've heard they're better than the CC1 model I bought maybe 4 or 5 years ago. They're great if you want a nice bright tone that also gets dirty pretty well. Also, they get surprisingly loud.

Haha I'm gonna sig that. Yeah go for the C1. It is in many ways superior to the CC1 and its supposedly more like the AC30
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero

Off Topic.I am also a mormon.

ha! Awesome! Good to know that I am not alone! Thanks guys, I think I will go for that then, but also try the stuff recommended in the first comment.

If you are still reading this, any thought on T-Rex distortion pedals?
Originally posted by the_experience
andrewfox5 is on crack....that is all I have to say.
I really like the Mudhoney. Jay, who post on here like once has one on his pedal board with a Timmy and got a real good sound. He also has an AC15.I hear the Mudhoney is based on a Rat but don't quote me on that one. So maybe find a Mudhoney II used for cheap and a Danolectro Transparent OD(supposed Timmy Clone) for a bit of a frugal option.
Quote by barden1069
Quote by andrewfox5
Epiphone Union Jack Supernova

Noel gallagher Sig?

If so I hate you. Been gassing for one about 2 or 3 years but there arent manyof them around
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Vox AC30 should get you in really close to all of the above, though you'll need an additional driver for sure for the Foo's stuff. Get an ABY so you can switch to clean as well. You can easily get one in budget used.

Could go clean platform and get a bunch of different overdrives to satisfy the different flavors. If you go that rout, a fender delux reverb would work. I have to say, I like the suggestions that have been given as well (AC15c1 is pretty cool!).

Pedals? The Fulltone OCD would be a good start that or Full Drive. Should get you into the territory of most bands you posted. For incubus stuff you're gonna need at least one phaser (he actually uses a phase 90 and 2 2nd generation boss phasers) as well as a good delay (I've got a carbon copy and a flashback and love them both). Greenwood uses a Marshall OD pedal, not sure which one... I'd suggest a really bad ass reverb if you don't get it with your amp.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by bpdeem at Jan 6, 2012,