Hey guys,

Been out of the amp game for a while, experimenting with modelling softwares and whatnot, but tryna get back in. I have maximum £500 available, and I am leaning towards buying second hand.

Got my heart set on a Marshall, but was just wondering what you guys could tell me, if anything at all, about these two amps?

I mostly play hard rock, but occasionally branch out into metal or blues, so I need a modicum of versatility.

Which is the better choice, what should I be looking out for and what sort of price range am I looking at?

Alternatively, if you think I am making completely the wrong choice, suggest me an alternative?

Thanks in advance!
The Haze series is either liked or disliked by people honestly, most of that stems from the speaker inside of it. The Haze series only comes in a 15 watt head though which is unfortunate. The DSL401 to my ears sound much better and I actually almost bought one a couple of weeks ago. I think the better choice of the two would be the 401.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
The Haze series is either liked or disliked by people honestly, most of that stems from the speaker inside of it. The Haze series only comes in a 15 watt head though which is unfortunate. The DSL401 to my ears sound much better and I actually almost bought one a couple of weeks ago. I think the better choice of the two would be the 401.

I got that impressions when I looked around the forums, where are they manufactured? India or the UK?

I was under the impression that the Haze could be bought in a 40w combo?

Thanks for your help!
No no it can be bought in a 40w combo, I was just saying that the major flaw is the speaker and so the only amp in the series that takes the speaker out of the equation is the 15 watt head. The Haze is made in China I think.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
definately the dsl401. the haze is fizzy sounding and the speaker is a disgrace, the dsl401 is also more versatile
I don't have the space for a head and cab combo right now, so it's looking as if I should be moving towards the DSL?

Should I look for any particular manufacture date, as I am assuming there were some changes made during the production run? Bare in mind I am looking for a house practise amp, and so it needs to be house friendly (heat etc)?