I'll come out with it: I'm in love with the guitar. The raw power. The channeling of some sort of energy I can't even begin to describe in even minute words. Just the feeling you get when you just strum all six strings in one go.

But, as all new players, I'm new, and have been learning/playing for around six months. And I have a Chinese stratocaster copy. And I need an amp. I usually use my acoustic, or plug my electric into my mac and use GarageBand. But I'm tired of having to do that, and I need a new, and first amp. So what would you all suggest? And I live in India, so any localised answers will help too, but answers from all around will be even more welcome.

And since this is my first post, I hope you'll all forgive me if I've posted in the wrong sub-forum.

Cheers!

Narinder.
I actually thought of that and started typing again, but thanks, anyway!

1. Budget- Around Rs. 3000 (which is around 600$ . 500$ to be safe)
2. Styles - I'm getting into the blues, I like sliding, but I also like getting fast and hard on it, from a clean progression to chunky riffs to well, solo's with feel in them.
3. New. Definitely a New amp, since it's my first.
4. I'm in Mumbai (Bombay).
5. I want it for home, but I'll be getting into gigging in a couple of months too.
6. My current gear? Just the guitars. (Beginner acoustic, and Chinese stratocaster copy)

Thanks once more, and I'll keep this mind the next time!
It's alright, you're new.

Check out the Fender Blues Jr. It might be perfect for you. Vox AC15C1 is also a suggestion.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
+1 for the vox, i would recommend looking at their moddelling series (VT i think their called) seeing as you're a beginner and you play a bit of everything right now, it'd be good to have an amp that isn't expensive and can do a bit of everything ^^
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by narinderkapur
I actually thought of that and started typing again, but thanks, anyway!

1. Budget- Around Rs. 3000 (which is around 600$ . 500$ to be safe)
2. Styles - I'm getting into the blues, I like sliding, but I also like getting fast and hard on it, from a clean progression to chunky riffs to well, solo's with feel in them.
3. New. Definitely a New amp, since it's my first.
4. I'm in Mumbai (Bombay).
5. I want it for home, but I'll be getting into gigging in a couple of months too.
6. My current gear? Just the guitars. (Beginner acoustic, and Chinese stratocaster copy)

Thanks once more, and I'll keep this mind the next time!

what brands do you see over there? i certainly do not know, but pretty much every country prices vary on gear and brands that are sold vary as well. taxes, duties, etc. very.

for example, mesa boogie amps cost at least 50% more in Europe than the US.

unlikely but could you find a used Egnater Rebel or Tweaker? either of those would take good care of you. a peavey classic 30 may be a good compromise for blues and harder rock (depends on your definition). a marshall class 5 would be a low wattage option. bare bones amp, but sounds good. no other Marshalls anywhere near that price range are terrible (no MG no MA). this may not be ideal and are partially solid state is blackstar. ht5's/20's are cheap and by no means great but tolerable.

i am not sure what is available to you and for what price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Unfortunately, the thing is that there isn't that great a secondary market out here, and most equipment is imported, the branded ones at least, so it expensive. I checked out the vox, it costs Rs. 40,200 which is 800-850$. And I've only seen Marshall amps in the range I gave. What would you all say about Marshalls? And would a tube amp be better, or a solid state?
A tube amp ideally is better than solid state yes. trashedlostfdup put it best when he suggested the Marshall Class 5 but no other in that price range. What about the Fender Blues Jr as i previously suggested?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Can we get some definite youtube links to the songs you would like to emulate?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
@RealGuitarHero Fender exports at a high premium here. But I'm supposing that will be my final option, if I can't find a secondary market.

@DeathByDestroyr songs like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2uXaMN-Aw - Black Math, The White Stripes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=789hicMCwVU - Do The Rump, The Black Keys (cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLuDz3qCTc - Dance Little Liar, Arctic Monkeys
Who By Fire - Leonard Cohen (Sorry, I couldn't find a good enough link for this one. Grooveshark/Spotify should do it, though)
+1 for all the Blues Jr suggestions! Definitely look into it if the Vox AC15 is out.
Personally I'd save a little more cash and get the AC15C1, but if that's out of the question then the Class 5 or blues Jr would be decent substitutes.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Bugera BC30? Peavey Classic 30, etc. A better gigging-with-no-cleans solution would be the Egnater Tweaker 15 or Rebel 20/30. The Rebel 30 was the only one that cleaned up worth a damn though, I cranked the hell out of that thing...
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jan 7, 2012,
yeah i would stick with fender, the AC15 would be a good choice too, but if you want to play blues gtr and DON'T own a fender amp you are kinda robbing yourself, the hot rod amps are a bit above your price range but they are pretty popular, and if you don't mind solid state then the frontmans are another option, but if you are going to get a frontman get the 2x12, i hear too many bad things about the smaller ones. the blues jr. is a good option as well like stated before. i'm a fender amp guy as well and their tone is unmistakable, if you find yourself falling in love with fender tone then when it comes time to buy a nice one there are SO many options...but anyways.

have fun!

E
Also consider buying an amp from the US and have it shipped to you.

Personally, I wouldn't go for the frontman.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Stretch the budget a little and you can afford my latest Jack Daniels Marshall. If you want a blues/slide amp then an 18W Marshall can't be beat.

click image for details
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I would suggest the Vox VT+ series for someone that's starting out.

The risk of blowing so much money on a tube amp at this point, is that at some point, you'd probably want another amp for more versatility or change in style / tastes. That is quite likely to happen.

At the very least the VoxVT will have a few models you can muck around with until you know exactly what you want.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
+1 to the Cathbard CT18!
Fender Mustang III, Vox VT+40, Rolland Cube, Peavey Vypyr 75

If you could find one used in your area, the Line 6 Flextone amps are an excelent modeling amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Cathbard
Stretch the budget a little and you can afford my latest Jack Daniels Marshall. If you want a blues/slide amp then an 18W Marshall can't be beat.

click image for details

This. Nothing is more rock and roll than playing guitar through a whiskey tin. Then you get the wimmins.

Plus you'll have a badass custom, hand made amp. Insta mojo.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
you are from mumbai right?? check out www.be3amplifiers.com
the guy mohamed ansar makes some boutique stuff at affordable prices get his brat+ or ask him to build you a custom amp according to your needs
and who said there isnt a secondary market in india
check am used instrumental group on fb
go try out ansar's amps first
and i dont think buying from cathbard is a good idea
nothing against him/his amps they are great tbh and cath is one of the most respectable kittys around its just the customs,they will butt r*pe you
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II