Hey, I'm having trouble finding the right amp for me, I need a very versatile all tube amp, I play very diverse music e.g. Nirvana, A7X, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Metallica. it has to be good for lead playing.
My budget is up to €500.
A 2x12 Combo or Stack is ideal,

(Also has to be handy for live and recording)

thanks
Jet City JCA5212RC or Traynor YCV50B. the traynor will be slightly more suited cos its a british sounding amp and most of the bands you listed use marshalls but the traynor only has 1 speaker and will be harder to find (youll probably have to buy online from thomann). the Jet City should suit your needs very well though and has 2 speakers. try them both out if your lucky enough to find them near you.
^ +1 on the traynor (not saying the JC won't work, just i haven't tried it... and to clarify, i've only tried the 20- and 40-watt traynors)

if you're in europe (and i'm guessing you are since you put the price in euros) thomann shoukd be pretty easy to order from
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definitely looking for something British voiced (though a few tones you're after are from American voiced amps). Never played a Traynor myself, but I've heard nothing but great things about them. Definitely worth checking out.

Jet City Amps are pretty much a hit or a miss with most people. They're modeled after Soldano circuits (which, I've found Soldano amps are normally either a hit or a miss with most people) so they've kinda have an Americanized British tone to them, if that makes sense.

You may be able to find a decent second hand Marshall in your price range, although I'm not too familiar with prices over in Europe since I live in the US.
Zacky Vengeance of A7X plays though a Jet City Amps JCA50H, if I'm not mistaken. They'll do all of what you want and more, no problem. Low gain to high gain. Eric Clapton, Warren Haynes and EVH have used the amp it's based on (Soldano SLO100).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
you might consider an Ashton amp, the companies australian so thiere pretty cheap in EU, just got one yesterday for around 200 euros (50w tube)

even though thier cheap they are just as good or better than other huge brands like Marshall!!
Quote by Raijouta
Zacky Vengeance of A7X plays though a Jet City Amps JCA50H, if I'm not mistaken. They'll do all of what you want and more, no problem. Low gain to high gain. Eric Clapton, Warren Haynes and EVH have used the amp it's based on (Soldano SLO100).
The 50w head is completely different from the 50w 2x12 combo. The 5212 doesn't have near the amount of gain and is based off a completely different circuit (Lucky 13 circuit). Not very good for the heavy stuff.

The TS would be better suited with the JCA5012, as that one has the same OD circuit as the heads, and is a closed back design, better for heavier stuff and will do pretty much anything and everything he wants.
Quote by Raijouta

He plays them on tour and I don't think he recorded with them ever either. Just saying. +2 to the Traynor though.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
For the bands that he's stated he shouldn't need to much distortion and the 5212 could probably even handle Metallica and Definately handle nirvana and if there's not enough distortion then use a cheap overdrive to boost it like a digits h bad monkey. Plus the 5212 has two speaker and built in spring reverb. But if possible the tray or should suit his needs better.