Page 1 of 2
Years ago there used to be a cd release called Guitars On The Edge that had songs from guitarists that were underground heroes. Guys like Shawn Lane, Greg Howe, Neal Zaza and Todd Duane were featured. With so many musicians out there, I'd like to know who are the new heroes that might not be well known. If you have some names, post em' and where to hear them (Youtube, Myspace, ReverbNation, Ourstage, Facebook, etc).
Antoine Dufour. Andrew Gordon Hall. Pretty much anyone signed under the CandyRat Label. Andy McKee and what not.
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
Ummmm. But those are all acoustic fingerstyle players. So if you were looking for more electric players I would say Steffen Schackinger (dunno if that's how you spell his name) And Sebastien Cloutier.
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich are recent additions to my 'Heroes' collection.
I don't know about the best but my favourites would be
Richie Kotzen
Steve Morse (not really unknown but people often forget how good of a songwriter he is)
Andy Wood
Martin Miller (youtube guy, he doesn't really have an album out yet)
Steffen Schackinger (insane songwriter, his stuff completely blew my mind)
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Steffen Schackinger, Rick Graham (world class musician), Jack Thammarat, MattRach, Rik Emmett, Daita, Jorn Viggo Lofstad, man there's so many
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by beau05
Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich are recent additions to my 'Heroes' collection.

Aye! For these axe-weilding heroes art masterful at unleashing furious shrieks and bellows from theire string'eth-six-banshees!

May this knight proffer a recommendation for thee: Burning Rain "Pleasure to Burn" for additional odes by Lord Aldrich and his most masterful axe'manship!

This post now concludeth!
WATCH YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT, AS TOLD IN YE ARTS OF CINEMA AND METAL:
> CLICK'ETH HERE <
David Davidson of Revocation
Misha Mansoor of Periphery
Thomas Erak of Just Like Vinyl, formerly of The Fall Of Troy
Chris Broderick of Megadeth

Just some of my favorites that I've gotten into recently (past year or so). Davidson is probably the best of them though simply because he just knows exactly how far he can go in his songwriting and still sound like a total badass. His solo in Dissolution Ritual sounds like a ****ing waltz.
I've heard of a lot of the guitarists listed here, but it was nice to find a few new ones. I'll add to this and suggest Jess Lewis and Rob Stokes. Jess is a female jazz guitarist from England, you can check her covers of Guthrie Govan and others on YouTube. She has outstanding technique and I can't wait to hear her release some of her own original tunes. For original unknown artists Rob Stokes can play just about anything style wise from Flamenco to Shred to Slow Blues and all of it outstandingly if that's a word. He's on ReverbNation and Ourstage. Another really good unknown player on the same sites is Britt Warren. Love his classical and rock offerings. For better known but still kinda unknown try Tosin Abassi (spelling?) from Animals As Leaders, incredible shredder!!!
Oh, and Eric Calderone. He is the shit. If you ever want to nostalgiajizz or listen to pop songs go shred, look him up on youtube. Some of my favorites of his:

Sonic meets Metal
My Little Pony meets Metal
DBZ meets Metal
Harry Potter meets Metal
Kiss From A Rose meets Metal
Skrillex meets Metal
Quote by Ye Black Knight
Aye! For these axe-weilding heroes art masterful at unleashing furious shrieks and bellows from theire string'eth-six-banshees!

May this knight proffer a recommendation for thee: Burning Rain "Pleasure to Burn" for additional odes by Lord Aldrich and his most masterful axe'manship!

This post now concludeth!

Wow...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Nick Bowcott of Grim Reaper
David Kearney aka Guitar Shorty
Fletcher Dragge of pennywise
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Guthrie Govan
Andy Timmons
Misha Mansoor
Jakko Jakszyk
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
forgot all about andy timmons.. man.. he smokes
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
I've always been pleasantly surprised by what Guthrie Govan, Tosin Abasi and Robert Fripp produce.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
John Porter Mcmeans

All along this path I tread
My heart betrays my weary head
With nothing but my soul to save
From the cradle to the grave.
Quote by Dave Marquez
Years ago there used to be a cd release called Guitars On The Edge that had songs from guitarists that were underground heroes. Guys like Shawn Lane, Greg Howe, Neal Zaza and Todd Duane were featured. With so many musicians out there, I'd like to know who are the new heroes that might not be well known. If you have some names, post em' and where to hear them (Youtube, Myspace, ReverbNation, Ourstage, Facebook, etc).

He was my roommate, when I was in music school. Amazing player.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Mats Haugen from Circus Maximus, NEEDS to be known, the guy can flat out play and yet it's always to the song, not just random wanking.
"To You i'm all thats left undone, I'm all I have but one, let me out my souls so hollow, let me out" - Submersed - Hollow

Join the Alter Bridge Ug Club...
There are many many guitarists from my country that nobody knows. probably the only ones who are known are Luca Turilli and Marco Sfogli, but there are many great italian guitarists:

Fabio Cappanera: the best italian player in the '80s and early '90s. and he was constantly improving. probably, if he didn't die, he would still be the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiDsmXCkB8k

Daniele Gottardo: he's really young, yet he is really skilled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJZzbpugCk8

Andrea Braido: he was THE guitar player of the 90's. he's been a session man for some of the most famous italian musicians. he also has a solo career and he's now more into jazz than rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p9721YDqjc

Fabrizio Leo: just like Braido he toured with the most successfull italian musicians. he too has a solo career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQmVnFpPc28&feature=related

gianluca ferro, "sebo", and frank caruso: the guys from "strings 24"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqQ-Mmd_6QI

another session man: luca colombo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkJVXtwCBaM
Eric Glass (hit up "Two Rivers" and "Frozen" on his myspace page), and Scott Mishoe are both upper-eschelon players with virtually no fanbase.
"Don't pay any attention to the critics. Don't even ignore them."
-Nicolas Negroponte

WHAT GETS MEASURED GETS IMPROVED
Jimmy Herring (Project Z, Aquarium Rescue Unit) is an absolutely brilliant improvisational player. He also plays with Derek Trucks, the Allman Brothers band and Phil Lesh.

Warren Haynes. Said it before, I'll say it again: God made Gibsons for a reason. Warren Haynes can explain it to you. I may be biased because he's from my hometown, but his chops speak for themselves.

Kaki King...Utterly without fear. Just watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UqV_5rVTNc
Bumblefoot of GNR is seriously more versatile than Guthrie Govan if that's even possible.
Page 1 of 2