How can I play 24th fret on high e string If I have 22frets guitar?
I need to bend 24th fret so I'm wondering what note is similar to 24fret. Thanks
In the eye of the tornado , blow me away!
You can bend up a tone on the 22nd fret?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
you could probably bend the 22 to the 24. but from there it would be difficult to go even higher
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
You'll probably pop the string if you go over 1 step bend on the last fret(which in your case, is 22)
Maybe I wrote it wrong I don't remember. I need to bend 24th fret all the way over to 27th fret. so Its step and a half (?). I'm just asking what other fret could I bend so I'm bending the same note if you understand me..

EDIT: So I'm asking like e-----24th fret bend
I need to bend other note that will sound similar as 24th fret bend over to the 27th fret. Sorry for the bad english.
Last edited by Voodoosnake at Jan 6, 2012,
Get a guitar with 24 frets, that's really the only solution. Unless your 22-fret guitar has a floyd rose that you can pull up on, that could work
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by supersac
well you can bend your 12th fret up to 15 it would be the same notes but an octave lower

im not sure if it owuld sound the same though

Yeah that would work. What about 21th fret B string? Is that same note?
Quote by Voodoosnake

21st fret on B string is 16th on E string.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Voodoosnake

20 on the B string is the note you want to bend to from 17 on the B string
your bending E to G

edit i suggest you learn the notes on the fretboard
Last edited by supersac at Jan 6, 2012,
Quote by supersac
20 on the B string is the note you want to bend to from 17 on the B string
your bending E to G

edit i suggest you learn the notes on the fretboard

thanks.
Harmonic on 5th fret. Or Harmonic near neck pick up. If you got trem pull it up. Or... Press the string behind the nut while harmonic on 5th fret is ringing. Or... Just bend the hell out of your fingers.
Last edited by Fafarona at Jan 7, 2012,
Simply you can't play the 24th fret on the high e without 24 frets. Sure you could bend, do some whammy shit or do some sort of harmonic, but in reality you need a guitar with 24 frets.
There's not much more you can do besides get a 24 fret guitar. If you need to bend on the 24th fret your really sol because that would be the same as playing a note on a 25-26th fret.
Last edited by uncle_sprinter at Jan 7, 2012,
Joe satriani made Ibanez JS2400 just for that reason. You'll have to bend to, high G I guess. But I use pickup surface to get 27th fret sound with my 24 fret guitar. Rail neck pickup can help you for such technic, but it isn't a solution after all.
You could use the 12th fret of the high E-String and then play a pinch harmonic at the position, where a 24th fret would be...
But that might be a little bit difficult, too.
Quote by The Dr!
You could always use a slide

+100
Leave it to the last guy after reading through all those post to say what I had in mind.

Quote by The Dr!
You could always use a slide

Sorry, but I don't understand what do you mean you could always use a slide?
You understand how the fret is the point of contact for the string and not your finger, right?
Your finger merely pushes the string against the fret. A slide is usually a metal or glass tube that goes over one of your fingers (you can use pretty much anything though.. lighter, bottle, hard object, etc..) and what it does is act as a moveable fret but above the string (rather than underneath) This allows you to play tones not only between frets (microtones) but also extended ranged notes above the frets on your guitar (which is what you seem to be wanting to do).

Slide guitar

Hope this helps!

You know... a glass or a copper slide, on your finger. That way you aren't limited by the frets. You can literally play a note at any interval along the string.