I am looking for a single coil guitar and decided on the tele but was wondering how squire's are compared to the fender.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Are you talking about the Classic Vibe Thinline? If so they're really good. I haven't ever compared one with a Fender but I did compare it with a fairly expensive G&L and in my opinion the only area where the G&L beat the Squier was the neck but that's just because I prefered the thicker neck on the G&L. In sound I'd say they were about equal.
i played the squire thinline and i thought it was great.. the duncan design pickups were pretty good.. neck felt good only prob i found was the selector switch had a dead spot and had to wiggle it it to make it work but i was playing a floor model at best buy so im sure that had somthing to do with it
Quote by halfj06
i played the squire thinline and i thought it was great.. the duncan design pickups were pretty good.. neck felt good only prob i found was the selector switch had a dead spot and had to wiggle it it to make it work but i was playing a floor model at best buy so im sure that had somthing to do with it

It was probably just that one. Mine doesn't have that problem.
The fret job is meh. Contour feels legit though!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
There are two Squier Thinlines. The Classic Vibe and the Vintage Modified.

The Classic Vibes are pretty good; the pickups are meh, and the finish is really too thick for a hollowbody/semi-hollow, but if you can get past those two things, they're golden.

The Vintage Modified are meh. The pickups aren't as "good" as the CVs, they have a 24&3/4" scale, a really round fretboard radius and the finish is even thicker than the CVs.

Either way, the Fender '69 Thinline is much better in pretty much all regards, though it's about twice the price.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
The fret job is meh. Contour feels legit though!

I don't think I've ever picked up any kind of Squier who's fret job was any good. They all looked like they were hammered in by a blind 2 year old, they most likely were now that I think about it.

I'm going to hell