Another Cover...This time its a cover of Plugin Baby from Muse, it was a struggle to find out a tone that I tought it suited the song, but I think its nice.

Anywayz, Hope ye' Like it, and leave Ure comments Below =)

*C4C As Always*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMoPBJ5lGTw
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
I think you did very well man, really got the tone you were looking for and hit the song. I did notice you do a lot of down strumming, I'm not sure if it's just one of those riffs that are easier down strummed, but it's always good to practice your alternate picking (just a thought). Like I said, very well done
Quote by b.vicious
I think you did very well man, really got the tone you were looking for and hit the song. I did notice you do a lot of down strumming, I'm not sure if it's just one of those riffs that are easier down strummed, but it's always good to practice your alternate picking (just a thought). Like I said, very well done

haha very well spotted, I do alternate picking, but on this song its like a "thing", its beyond my control
Hey man, thanks for your comment in my thread.

About your video - what can I say, simply perfect. Your tone suits perfectly to the song and you did a great job in the mixing process, I can clearly hear both the original track and your playing. Great cover.
First thing, good tone, but maybe less reverb?
What are you using to get that tone?

In regards to the playing, good and smooth, no problems apart from sometimes you let the notes ring out in to each other.

Overall keep it up :-)
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by dwally89
First thing, good tone, but maybe less reverb?
What are you using to get that tone?

In regards to the playing, good and smooth, no problems apart from sometimes you let the notes ring out in to each other.

Overall keep it up :-)

I use Guitar Rig, I can post a screenshot of the settings if you want =)

Thank you everyone =)
I thought it was well done man! U played it pretty much perfect. Loved the tone. Great job!
Quote by awesomo41894
I thought it was well done man! U played it pretty much perfect. Loved the tone. Great job!

Thanks =)
Hey man! Thanks again for watching my video and giving me feedback on it. Came to return the favor

But great job on the cover! I do enjoy my Muse and thought that this would be an interesting song to see a cover of, but you nailed it.

Don't have much in the way of criticism, but what equipment did you use to get your guitar tone?

Keep me posted whenever you put more videos up! I liked the video and subscribed to your channel
Quote by Brendan & Jimmy
Hey man! Thanks again for watching my video and giving me feedback on it. Came to return the favor

But great job on the cover! I do enjoy my Muse and thought that this would be an interesting song to see a cover of, but you nailed it.

Don't have much in the way of criticism, but what equipment did you use to get your guitar tone?

Keep me posted whenever you put more videos up! I liked the video and subscribed to your channel

Thanks, Glad you enjoyed it, I also subscribed to your channel =D

I Used Guitar Rig 5, with a preset actually and some minor tweaking, the present is "woman and children first".

I will continue posting all my covers around here =)
Quote by Czily
yeah! muse is one of my favourite bands i love the song. you did an awesome and actually i can only second what others so far have said.

and even if alternate picking wasn't "beyond your control" i wouldn't use it in this case, cause the constant downstrumming gives it a more straight forward feeling; it's pushing the song and it works out really well!

also i like that you admit your tone is "just" a preset with minor tweaking. it's nice to come up with your own setting but why bother when you found one that's so suitable!

Thats exacly what I fell with this song, Downstrumming is like "UBER AWESOME POWER" on this song

Thank you very much for all your comments, dont forget to Subscribe/Share if you enjoyed listening it, more covers will come soon, and some of them will be Muse again =D
Last edited by ricardo_sousa11 at Jan 14, 2012,
haha you really are going to town on the downpicking here but whatever suits the song i think is whats best and this seems to be calling for it. theres one part that i kept hearing that sounded a little weird and idk if it was you or just how the song is but i think one instance happens right at :21. overall though i couldnt find much i would have changed about this. the tone works for me and this actually looks like a really fun song to play so i might have to check it out for myself too. the picked out part in the beginning kind of reminds me of a more uptempo version of a feel ive heard in songs by a band called polvo.

thanks for checking out my where is my mind cover too, im about to take a look at your take on it now
Dude your tone is ****ing amazing. It sounds exactly like the original guitar for this song. Very nice, 0 mistakes spotted from me! Except you do need to work on alternate strumming/picking lol. Otherwise excellent job.
Last edited by PENGNASTY at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by PENGNASTY
Dude your tone is ****ing amazing. It sounds exactly like the original guitar for this song. Very nice, 0 mistakes spotted from me! Except you do need to work on alternate strumming/picking lol. Otherwise excellent job.

Thank you very much, Glad you enjoyed it =)
Quote by cola4369
Great playing; the tone is spot on throughout, no critiscisms!

How long have you been playing for?

C4C?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96jb08NPK4g

I have been playing for about 4 years.

Glad you enjoyed it =)

Almost 500 views, thanks guys, dont forget to subscribe if you enjoyed it.