Poll Options
View poll results: Prison or Death?
25 years in prison
56 61%
Death
36 39%
Voters: 92.
Page 1 of 2
If you committed a horrible crime and were given a choice of either 25 years in a maximum security prison, or death; what would you choose?

And you must serve your 25 years with no chance of parole if you choose prison.

I would honestly choose death. I wouldn't be able to stand being isolated so long. Being in a small, enclosed room for most of the day for 25 years would so boring, that it would probably feel like 250 years.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Jan 6, 2012,
Depends, what's the crime? Is it true? Proven?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Death. I wouldn't get out of prison until I'm 46. I'd have no career prospects, a criminal record, no living relatives, and nowhere to live.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Zoot Allures
Death.

Which is why i find it interesting that people are so opposed to the death penalty but will happily accept locking people up for a massive amount of time, regardless of it being a living nightmare for the person.

Wow. I know we disagree a lot but I never considered you a dumbass before.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by sticksause
Death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

And i'd rather have that permanent solution rather than live in a nightmare for 25 years.

Quote by Jackal58
Wow. I know we disagree a lot but I never considered you a dumbass before.

Given the answers here so far, a lot of people would prefer death than 25 years (or more obviously). For people who would prefer to die than be locked up for ages then it's less fair to keep them locked up
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jan 6, 2012,
Would I have access to a synthesizer in prison? Recording albums in jail is kvlt.

If not then I'd say death, since I don't imagine living that long.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Zoot Allures
And i'd rather have that permanent solution rather than live in a nightmare for 25 years.

Exactly. Live in a nightmare. If someone murdered your family you wouldn't want them to have a quick death, you'd want them to live in a nightmare.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by sticksause
Death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

So 25 years of guilt with no chance of forgiveness plus later a life without any future? Sounds like a good solution.

Although I would choose 25 years. I'd be 46 by then. There's always a job somewhere, I don't like my relatives anyway so it'd be ok if they were all dead, and I have plenty of BS to be guilty about as it is so makes no difference.
Quote by Jackal58
25 years in prison. I mean what's stopping me from killing myself/getting killed in prison? I could get into fights every day and maybe arrange a riot. Or a jail break and live off the land and tuna in cans. Beats death.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Trowzaa
Exactly. Live in a nightmare. If someone murdered your family you wouldn't want them to have a quick death, you'd want them to live in a nightmare.

What about people who are in prison for crimes they didn't commit? If i got arrested for some murder that i know i didn't do, and found out i'd have 25 years in prison then i'd want to die, it would seem a worse punishment to me to be unable to die and have to put up with that.

And i don't really get any joy out of someones suffering like that anyway.
Quote by Zoot Allures

Given the answers here so far, a lot of people would prefer death than 25 years (or more obviously). For people who would prefer to die than be locked up for ages then it's less fair to do that.

2 of you is not a lot. And 25 years isn't as long as you think it is. And I don't think the OP was thinking about Turkey when he mentioned prison.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I choose video games.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by kikaykitko
So 25 years of guilt with no chance of forgiveness plus later a life without any future? Sounds like a good solution.

Although I would choose 25 years. I'd be 46 by then. There's always a job somewhere, I don't like my relatives anyway so it'd be ok if they were all dead, and I have plenty of BS to be guilty about as it is so makes no difference.

I didn't know you were catholic.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
2 of you is not a lot. And 25 years isn't as long as you think it is. And I don't think the OP was thinking about Turkey when he mentioned prison.

The point i'm making is that there are enough people out there who would prefer to die, therefore it's unfair to not allow them to have an end to their misery.
25 years. It's not very likely I would escape, but its possible.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Zoot Allures

And I'd rather do SOMETHING after 25 years than nothing.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The point i'm making is that there are enough people out there who would prefer to die, therefore it's unfair to not allow them to have an end to their misery.

I think it's an irrational preference.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I didn't know you were catholic.

LOL I'm not catholic. Just messed up in the head.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Zoot Allures

But why should they get to choose when they committed a crime that warranted 25 to life in prison?
Quote by Jackal58
I think it's an irrational preference.

Okay well for you it may be, for me and apparently a decent amount of others it isn't. Which is why i think it's unfair to put someone through that if they prefer death.

And a hell of a lot of what people prefer is irrational anyway, emotions generally are but that doesn't stop them existing and making you feel terrible.
Quote by blake1221
But why should they get to choose when they committed a crime that warranted 25 to life in prison?

It's easier on everyone involved? I think people should have the choice to end their lives too.

And there's something sadistic and horrible about the only objection people having to that choice being that they want the person to suffer. What difference does it make? If they want to die then let them.
If i was innocent of the crimes, i would choose 25 years in prison, cause when i prove i actually was innocent the government would have to give me lots of money or something for wasting 25 years of my life
If i actually did commit the crimes id probably want death.
Do I get raped? Do I have access to gym equipment or computers? These are the deciding factors.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by jonathan666666
Do I get raped? Do I have access to gym equipment or computers? These are the deciding factors.

Yes, you get everything you asked for
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Death. For the following reasons:

- I'd be 44 upon release
- I'd have had to commit one Hell of a crime to warrant 25 years. I would have had a lot of bad publicity. Everybody would know me for all the wrong reasons, and hate me for it.
- Criminal record like that, I'd never be employed again, and certainly not at 44.
- All of my friends would shun me
- My family would disown me
- I highly doubt I'd survive in prison
- I'd be wracked by remorse.

So I'd have no friends, no family, no job prospects, not anything at all, and no way of changing any of it.

Plus, the guilt would probably tear me to pieces. I'd rather just end it all.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Jan 6, 2012,
Prison, and then I would write about my experience afterward.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
25 years, if its so hard to do 25 years in prison i can always take my own life seeing as i have no morals against it.
You can't appeal if you're dead. You also can't get your sentence shortened, let out early for good behaviour or even just break out, great escape style.
Quote by Zoot Allures

Given the answers here so far, a lot of people would prefer death than 25 years (or more obviously). For people who would prefer to die than be locked up for ages then it's less fair to keep them locked up

So what your saying is...we can keep people who have committed serious crimes in prison for 25 years, the punishment aspect of which is greater than death, and can completely stop a practice which inevitably will kill some innocent people.

Yeah I can see why you'd take issue with that.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Prison, and then I would write about my experience afterward.

Unless it's NatGeo material, or Dead Man Walking shit, I doubt anyone would want a book about getting raped in prison.
Quote by Jackal58
I'm only 19. I'd be 45 when I got out, still plenty of time to have some sort of life. On the contrary, if I chose death, I'd be dead. Seems like an easy choice to me. Plus, if its a maximum security prison, there will probably be less of a chance of surprise buttsex, due to all the isolation.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
I'm only 19. I'd be 45 when I got out, still plenty of time to have some sort of life. On the contrary, if I chose death, I'd be dead. Seems like an easy choice to me. Plus, if its a maximum security prison, there will probably be less of a chance of surprise buttsex, due to all the isolation.

What kind of life would that be though? If you got all your necessary life experiences in a prison?
Quote by Jackal58
Page 1 of 2