so in fade to black theres a part with

bend
e
b 14
g 15

4 times.

do i bend 14 one note high, and 15 one note high ?

or do i bend 15 1 note high, and 14 the same height as 15,. or d other way around.. DX
Bend both up a whole step. So, B string 15 up to 17, and G string 14 up to 16.

Keep the fingers locked in position, and rotate with the wrist to bend the strings. The fingers don't actually move, the whole hand moves as one unit.

If you struggle with the bending two strings at once, you can always create a similar effect by sliding double stops.
-
-15s17
-14s16
-
-
-
Last edited by mdc at Jan 7, 2012,
Quote by mdc
Bend both up a whole step. So, B string 15 up to 17, and G string 14 up to 16.

Keep the fingers locked in position, and rotate with the wrist to bend the strings. The fingers don't actually move, the whole hand moves as one unit.

If you struggle with the bending two strings at once, you can always create a similar effect by sliding double stops.
-
-15s17
-14s16
-
-
-
thanks, im having a difficult time right now haha, but i shal practice .. so this double bend, is different from unison bend?
Quote by luxeion
thanks, im having a difficult time right now haha, but i shal practice .. so this double bend, is different from unison bend?

Yes, it's different. A unison bend you'll find in a lot of Jimi Hendrix music. Like at the very end of All Along The Watch Tower.

e-12
b-15b17

First finger on the 12th fret E string and 3rd finger on the 15th fret B string. Place your second finger behind the 3rd finger to support it.

Now pick both strings, but bend the B string up a whole tone (2 frets), whilst keeping the first finger in place on the 12th fret.

You may find there'll be a tendency for your first finger to follow the others in the bend, but try to keep it still.

It's called a unison bend because the note on the B string is being raised to match the same pitch as the note on the E string.
Quote by mdc
Yes, it's different. A unison bend you'll find in a lot of Jimi Hendrix music. Like at the very end of All Along The Watch Tower.

e-12
b-15b17

First finger on the 12th fret E string and 3rd finger on the 15th fret B string. Place your second finger behind the 3rd finger to support it.

Now pick both strings, but bend the B string up a whole tone (2 frets), whilst keeping the first finger in place on the 12th fret.

You may find there'll be a tendency for your first finger to follow the others in the bend, but try to keep it still.

It's called a unison bend because the note on the B string is being raised to match the same pitch as the note on the E string.

it's hard to keep still hahah.. thank you very much, i learned something new today..