So Judas Priest are coming to my town and I was just wondering if any other people here on UG have gone to any of their concerts recently and if it was worth the money. I am just wondering because they already are a quite old band and I am just wondering if their performances are still worth the money or if its just a bunch of old dudes that aren't worth the money now.
Never seen them live, but I watched them live on some late night talk show that I recorded solely for their performance. It was ****ing excellent, everyone was fantastic.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Never seen them live, but I watched them live on some late night talk show that I recorded solely for their performance. It was ****ing excellent, everyone was fantastic.

Nice!
And when was that?
Well I saw them on their previous world tour (with KK) and I ****ing loved it. I'm a pretty big fan so I was always going to enjoy it but they really put on a show man, it was awesome.
How much is it?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Well in Euros it would be roughly from 35 euros upwards. And the 35 euro ones are Fan Zone 2 so actually facing the stage and standing, while the "VIP" ones for about 100 are on the sides with seats which seems a bit weird.
IDK man it's up to you and how much you like the band I guess. It's the last time to see them, and it's not really a gamble whether the show will be good or not (it will be).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
With KK, I wouldn't miss 'em. No KK, I'm not going.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hark! A consideration that thee must ponder is that Lords Priest may soon grow'eth weary of theire global escapades, and lay down theire arms to contemplate and relish theire innumerable Metallic triumphs!

Opportunities to witness Priest in theire glory may soon be at theire twilight, and thee woulde be remiss to allow'eth this event to pass by.

This post now concludeth!
WATCH YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT, AS TOLD IN YE ARTS OF CINEMA AND METAL:
> CLICK'ETH HERE <
Jesus man, get a fucking girlfriend or something.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Jesus man, get a fucking girlfriend or something.

I second, third, and fourth this.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Tangerineseeker
Nice!
And when was that?
Like less than a month ago I think. Maybe a month.
Quote by darkstar2466
With KK, I wouldn't miss 'em. No KK, I'm not going.

I agree it would be a lot better with KK, but their new guitarists, regardless of if he looks like Ken Doll: Leather and Studs Edition, he's a good player.
^KK+Downing is Priest but since its the last time on tour ...so the original question has to be classified as being downright silly :p
of course you should go!

You are lucky they are playing near you..they are not even playing in my country and I guess I will never get a chance to see them live..damn
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I agree it would be a lot better with KK, but their new guitarists, regardless of if he looks like Ken Doll: Leather and Studs Edition, he's a good player.

He was Lauren Harris' guitarist...

HOW DO YOU REPLACE THE GREAT K.K. DOWNING WITH LAUREN HARRIS' GUITARIST?

WTF.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by lilboisX3
Halford's voice took a serious dumb in recent years.

Sounds like an old women as they sound on cartoons stabbing a turkey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LTzLZ6VfAA

When I saw them in 08' they did Painkiller, and Halford was doing great.
Has his ups and downs, and probably depending on how far they're into a tour.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by darkstar2466

WTF.

I was surprised at how good he was actually. Saw them a couple of months ago-and it was a good show. It was great-so if you're expecting that-don't waste your time. But honestly live Ritchie was just as good as K.K. (yes I've seen them both-and yes I said it).

Anyways to the OP this might be your last chance to go see them-and the setlist is damn good too. I'd say go.
Quote by darkstar2466

WTF.

I know but he wasn't a bad player
Of course - the band wouldn't pick him if he wasn't a suitable replacement for Downing. It just feels empty without him there, knawmsayin. But Rob Halford is worth watching any day, even on bad days. Scott Travis is one of my favorite drummers - he's tall, lanky, and can keep heel-toe double footies going for entire concerts. Badass.

^ nice part of Dopethrone in your sig. My favorite line from the whole album. Do you know if it's a reference/clip from anything?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Of course - the band wouldn't pick him if he wasn't a suitable replacement for Downing. It just feels empty without him there, knawmsayin. But Rob Halford is worth watching any day, even on bad days. Scott Travis is one of my favorite drummers - he's tall, lanky, and can keep heel-toe double footies going for entire concerts. Badass.

^ nice part of Dopethrone in your sig. My favorite line from the whole album. Do you know if it's a reference/clip from anything?

It's actually from Come my Fanatics..., not sure if it was in Dopethrone. This is the clip and the song

Apparently it's an audio sample from the movie Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

Also, yeah I know it feels kind of empty without him, but at least they didn't pick some wanky half-assed guitar player to replace him.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Jan 11, 2012,
Quote by Ironic Maiden
It's actually from Come my Fanatics..., not sure if it was in Dopethrone. This is the clip and the song

Apparently it's an audio sample from the movie Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

Also, yeah I know it feels kind of empty without him, but at least they didn't pick some wanky half-assed guitar player to replace him.

I agree. I think they did a good job replacing K. K. They had to do something-especially with a big world-wide tour announced. They didn't pick someone very established which I like, and the guy also kicks ass. Sure I missed K. K. up there and there was something missing. But to be honest Ritchie brought a new sense of energy, which I think was good for Priest.