Hello all,

I am looking for an ABC switch pedal that allows for three instruments to be plugged in to output to 1 amp and with the click of the button, I can change the instrument that plays through the amp and the other inputs are shut off.

If my needs ended there, I would buy this pedal:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/morley-abc-selector-combiner-switch

However, I would ALSO like for the pedal to allow for the player to have MORE than one input outputting through one amp simultaneously.

Does it exist? I have looked high and low with no luck.

Basically, I want something like this pedal, except with three inputs:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/morley-quad-box-guitar-and-amp-switcher/150789000000000

Sorry, if this sounds confusing.. I'm not very good at explaining things.

The 2 applications I want this pedal for:
1) I have three guitars plugged in, outputting to 1 amp, and easily want to switch between guitars.
2) I want to plug 1 guitar into 2 different amps, that are mic'd, for recording two tracks at the same time.

I know this can be done with 2 different pedals...but I am hoping that there is a pedal out there that can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by vitaminsx4 at Jan 7, 2012,
I would assess whether you really need three guitars for one show
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
I would assess whether you really need three guitars for one show

This pedal would be strictly for studio work, purely for convenience and saving time.
I don't know for sure... but the "Lehle 3@1 SGoS" may do what I want. I can barely find any info about it online though. Has anyone used/owned this pedal?
Run an ABC into an AB/Y. Having a "do-it-all" pedal isn't always the best option, and I'm not entirely sure if you can wire a single pedal to do what you're wanting it to do.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Run an ABC into an AB/Y. Having a "do-it-all" pedal isn't always the best option, and I'm not entirely sure if you can wire a single pedal to do what you're wanting it to do.

Okay, thank you for the tip. Any recommendations for the best pedals for each purpose?
It would be easier to just change cables between guitars.

As for running two amps at once, you can do that with an A/B/Y pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It would be easier to just change cables between guitars.

As for running two amps at once, you can do that with an A/B/Y pedal.

Personally, I think hitting a button is far easier and quicker than unplugging and replugging cables. Plus, considering it is not uncommon for me to switch through multiple instruments in 1 session, I would like to avoid any inevitable wear on jacks as much as possible.
You're gonna have to take the guitar on and off anyway, and putting the cable in the jack is an easy part of that process. I certainly wouldn't want to have 2 extra cables to trip over, nor would I wanna spend the money on an otherwise unnecessary switcher. A wireless unit might be a better idea.

If you're any good at soldering, you could do one up yourself, they're pretty easy and cheap to build.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
You're gonna have to take the guitar on and off anyway

Why do you say that? I see no reason to take the guitar on and off.

In some cases I can justify spending money for convenience.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a handy man.
Quote by vitaminsx4

Wait, you want this to switch between guitars in a studio, but you don't plan on taking the guitar off to switch to another, and yet you want a pedal to switch which guitar you're using. So what are you planning to do? Record the silent guitar?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by vitaminsx4

How do you plan to play the guitars without putting them on?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Wow, I apologize for my stupidity. Of course I need to take the guitar on and off to switch guitars... I meant to say I see no reason to unplug a guitar.
You dont even really need a pedal for that.

Just have an all female 1/4" adapter that goes from 3 on one side to one on the end and mute the guitars using the guitars volume knobs.

Or the same ideal with a small 3-5 channel unpowered mixer
Would a "backwards" Framptone 3-Banger Pedal work for my purpose?

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=49

What I mean by that is plugging Guitar 1, 2, and 3, into the Amp 1, 2, and 3 ports, and plugging my amp into the "Tuner" port (which is always activated). Then, when I want to have my guitar coming through 2 amps, I can have a cable going from the "Instrument Input" port to my second amp, and the guitar should be outputting through both amps. In theory, this idea works, but I have no clue whether this would actually work in practice....
How I do it is to have all my guitars plugged into a Korg DT-1 Pro tuner. Each input is bufferred so all you have to do is wind back the volume on the guitars you aren't using.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
While you're at it, get a Gibson Robot guitar so your guitar can tune itself for you, and a long wooden stick so you don't have to lean over and touch the knobs on your pedals and amp.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Damn, no need to get nasty souperman. This isn't so much laziness as it is trying to avoid unplugging/replugging cables from my vintage gear all the time. I have already had to have 1 jack professionally repaired and it was expensive, so I am trying to avoid that scenario again.
Quote by vitaminsx4
Damn, no need to get nasty souperman. This isn't so much laziness as it is trying to avoid unplugging/replugging cables from my vintage gear all the time. I have already had to have 1 jack professionally repaired and it was expensive, so I am trying to avoid that scenario again.

replacing a jack takes no longer than 15 minutes, how the hell is that expensive?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
wouldn't having 3 guitars = 2 more cables lieing around anyway so you'll have more cables trip over and break input jacks..

Probably makes it even more likely..