I have a cheap Epiphone Special SG, nothing too fancy. But i was wondering if I could fit in there a Ibanez INF-2 pickup in the brigde position to improve the sound. Because i am not too sure about the dimensions of the pickup and the space on the guitar.
I'm into metal, rock, hard rock, nu metal and heavy metal, including:
System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Sepultura, Korn, Rammstein, Slipknot, Disturbed, Serj Tankian, Body Count, The Offspring, Tenacious D, Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses, Hollywood Undead, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Nickelback, Green Day, Ozzy Osbourne, Beastie Boys, Pacewon & Mr. Green, Van Halen, Papa Roach, Scorpions, My Chemical Romance, Limp Bizkit, Horrorshow, Five Finger Death Punch, Evanescence, Velvet Revolver, Pantera, Muse, Wilki, Bullet for My Valentine, Dope, Dr. Dre, Simon & Garfunkel, Scars on Broadway, Seether, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ice Cube, Cypress Hill, Lostprophets, Powerman 5000, Pendulum, Billy Talent, Drowning Pool, Eazy-E, Fort Minor.

Copied from last.fm but it does tell you what i listen to.
Last edited by kameleus at Jan 7, 2012,
if theyre both humbuckers then theyll fit. but why the INF, check out seymour duncan or something cos the INFs wont make as big a difference as other pickups
i have INF's in my guitar, they came as stock, and they're not that great. i'd wait till i could buy a decent set till you started replacing anything
Well i choose the INF because the quality, according to people on youtube, is really good and they're comparable to seymour duncan blackout's.

So which pickup would be best for brigde position for me?
Seymour Duncan SH-8
Seymour Duncan Dimebucker SH-13
EMG 85
or any other pickup?
Quote by callumbloodpuke
i have INF's in my guitar, they came as stock, and they're not that great. i'd wait till i could buy a decent set till you started replacing anything

Oh ok thanks for telling me that. I might actually buy seymour duncans or emg then.
Quote by kameleus
Well i choose the INF because the quality, according to people on youtube, is really good and they're comparable to seymour duncan blackout's.

So which pickup would be best for brigde position for me?
Seymour Duncan SH-8
Seymour Duncan Dimebucker SH-13
EMG 85
or any other pickup?

the Seymour Duncan SH-8 seems like a cool choice. itll do the distortion really well and do cleans better than a dimebucker or emg.
Definitely Dimarzio. For bridge, i'd say Super Distortion for heavy, high gain classic metal sound, but as a more melodic yet still high output Tone Zone is also good for bridge, for rock, classic metal, some blues, etc. If you also want to add some nice stuff at neck position, I recommend air norton/air classic or PAF pro.
Quote by cemges
Definitely Dimarzio. For bridge, i'd say Super Distortion for heavy, high gain classic metal sound, but as a more melodic yet still high output Tone Zone is also good for bridge, for rock, classic metal, some blues, etc. If you also want to add some nice stuff at neck position, I recommend air norton/air classic or PAF pro.

If you get DiMarzio don't get super distortions, get the tone zone. The super distortion handles distortion really well but I feel that it completely lacks that bluesy feel. What I mean by the is not that it can't play blues, it's that you just don't FEEl it when you play. The tone zone pickups are sick though.
Look at the GFS Fat Pat or VEH pickups, really nice pickups, and only $30ish a piece. I have a Fat Pat in an old LP clone and it replaced the Dimarzio Super Distortion I did have in the guitar. I use quite a few of there pickups in various cheaper guitars I redo, and budget builds.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by itamar100
If you get DiMarzio don't get super distortions, get the tone zone. The super distortion handles distortion really well but I feel that it completely lacks that bluesy feel. What I mean by the is not that it can't play blues, it's that you just don't FEEl it when you play. The tone zone pickups are sick though.

What? The pickup affects how much feeling you play with now? The Super Distortion can do blues fine AND you can play with feeling despite having one.
Quote by Wisthekiller
What? The pickup affects how much feeling you play with now? The Super Distortion can do blues fine AND you can play with feeling despite having one.

Yeah but sound is part of the feeling you have. If you have a crappy sound then you will feel like crap too. But when you get an eargasm it will affect your feeling. Not saying that Super Distortions had a crappy tone (not tried them) but maybe they are not that kind of pickups that give you eargasms when playing blues, you know what I mean?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Yeah but sound is part of the feeling you have. If you have a crappy sound then you will feel like crap too. But when you get an eargasm it will affect your feeling. Not saying that Super Distortions had a crappy tone (not tried them) but maybe they are not that kind of pickups that give you eargasms when playing blues, you know what I mean?

I do, but blues sound fine with Super Distortions.
Don't listen to people on Youtube reviews. Ibanez pups are designed by Dimarzion but are always lacking compared to the real thing. And there isn't an Infinity pup out there than sounds anything like an active Blackout. They are whole different monsters.