I was wondering if there is a type of amp that can record and playback so you can play and record a rhythm part and then play over it.
Line 6 Spider IV has a looper, but you also need the FBV shortboard, and Its not that great.
your best bet is a loop station pedal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Some Line 6's can do that but they sound like crap. Get a good amp, then get a Boss Me-70, it's a multi effects pedal, but the looping section is top quality.
The feature that you're talking about is a looper and the Roland cube has one I think. You could just buy a looper pedal though.
LINE 6 SPIDER JAM!!

Best Line 6 Spider. Compared to the Spider 4, it kicks it's arse! I have one for practice and I swear by it.

You can record up to 30 minutes, record as many tracks as you want, choose a preset of hundreds of drum samples and set the tempo or just have a metronome or nothing at all. They have an option for an auxiliary input to play bass, keys, vocals or electric drums through it so it's really useful!
With the Boss ME-70, if you need more than 37 seconds of recording (if I am correct, that's how much it can record), then go for the Boss Looping Station (the RC-3 can record up to three hours worth).
Yes the RC-3 is probably a better option if you just want looping. But listen, in all seriousness, DO NOT BUY A LINE 6!! They sound okay at bedroom volumes, but take them into a band situation and they become nothing more than an overpriced toy.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by AJScott
LINE 6 SPIDER JAM!!

Best Line 6 Spider. Compared to the Spider 4, it kicks it's arse! I have one for practice and I swear by it.

You can record up to 30 minutes, record as many tracks as you want, choose a preset of hundreds of drum samples and set the tempo or just have a metronome or nothing at all. They have an option for an auxiliary input to play bass, keys, vocals or electric drums through it so it's really useful!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by AJScott
LINE 6 SPIDER JAM!!

Chill lads, hes clearly trolling, if not then he needs his head checked
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Chill lads, hes clearly trolling, if not then he needs his head checked

Clearly not trolling.

You know what. They're great. I have my Marshall aswell but I love the Spider Jam. They sound better than Spider 4's which are the most bought Spider's at the moment. Compare a Spider 4 and a Spider 3 and the difference is astounding. Spider 4's are a pile of wank but this isn't a spider 4. I have played A Jam and a 4 extensively, Jam beats it every time. It does have a good tone.
Quote by Any7423
DO NOT BUY A LINE 6!! They sound okay at bedroom volumes, but take them into a band situation and they become nothing more than an overpriced toy.

You're wrong!
Quote by tume
You're wrong!

Don't want to turn this into a Line 6 debate, but seriously, I've played a Line 6 Spider 3 head through a 4x12 cab with Vintage 30's, and it just sounds horrible, sterile and will not cut through a band mix. I've also played a 2x12 Spider 4 combo, which sounds okay, but still cannot cut through a band mix.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Definitely look into a loop pedal. If you really want to get a new amp anyways then go for it but if not, don't rule out the good ole pedals.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2