Corvus280
251 IQ
Hello dudes and dudettes, now as the title says, I need an opinion on which of these two guitars would be "better". By better I mean the overall quality, I know that soundwise both would fit me quite well. I prefere the looks of the Epi but if the Cort is really better, then that's fine. here are the specs:

I am am posting this after extensive research on the matter! Please specify if you own one or both or have had any experiences with either of them.

Thanks in advance, I hope this kind of post isn't too annoying but I've done quite alot of research and tried the LP in the shop, but not the Cort. I also did read the reviews on the both but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks and cheers
Dave

Any7423
915 IQ
Neither, get a Vintage V100.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Enix165
He's such a psycho!~
785 IQ
Quote by Any7423
Neither, get a Vintage V100.

I'd have to go with this, man. xD Epis aren't *BAD*, per se, nor are the Corts I've played, but Vintage makes a nicer-sounding guitar for the money IMO, the neck is a thinner han the Epi's(which is *MUCH* more comfortable IMO) and they're pretty similar in terms of hardware quality. I don't have any experience with Cort electrics, though, just acoustics, so I'd go with the Cort of the two you listed.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Corvus280
251 IQ
I was also thinking of that, but where I live, the V100 is just that much more expensive I just can't afford. Well, if it's really worth it I'll just have to save up a bit longer. :/
Any7423
915 IQ
It's worth it dude
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Enix165
He's such a psycho!~
785 IQ
Oh, really? Here the Epi is $150 more than the Vintage. How much more expensive is the Vintage? If it's by 100 or more, I'd just get the Epi and swap the pickups to be completely honest provided you don't mind the bigger neck(I can't stand the neck thickness on most Epis).
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Captaincranky
301 IQ
If you don't mind me asking, WTF is an "Epiphone SP Standard"?

I've heard of an Epi "SG" standard, and perhaps an Epi "LP" Standard, but just not an "SP Standard".

Beyond that, I'm going to suggest buying the guitar online if local pricing is an issue.

I don't think that, "you should buy the one you play and like" is as much of a consideration with a solid body electric, as it would be with a pure acoustic guitar.

Plus, you can always send it back.
StonedColdCrazy
Banned
466 IQ
I'd agree. I uprgraded my epi to gibby pots n tone zone/ air norton, killer sounding guitar. Quite bright for rythym but not twangy and incredibly smooth leads from the AN.
Corvus280
251 IQ
I did mean LP ofcourse.

I found a shop where the guy could sell me the V100 wine-red for as much as the Epi would usually cost but it has mini-humbuckers. And my question is, are they suited for metal? A bit or not at all? Doesn't have to sound like an Explorer with EMGs, as long as the sound's ok that's fine.
jpcl
381 IQ
Quote by Corvus280
I did mean LP ofcourse.

I found a shop where the guy could sell me the V100 wine-red for as much as the Epi would usually cost but it has mini-humbuckers. And my question is, are they suited for metal? A bit or not at all? Doesn't have to sound like an Explorer with EMGs, as long as the sound's ok that's fine.

Where do you live?
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,270 IQ
If you want my advice, go with the Epiphone because its likely that your local guitar store has a few of them that you can try and you can buy the one that plays the best.
Quote by Corvus280
I did mean LP ofcourse.

Mini humbuckers are typically low-output. They're nothing like EMG's.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care