Poll: Where do you keep your guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where do you keep your guitar?
Guitar case
73 45%
On a stand
83 51%
On a wall stand
41 25%
Laying around wherever
57 35%
Voters: 164.
Page 1 of 2
This kind of sounds like a stupid question, but where do you keep your guitar?

I usually have mine on stands, but I noticed that they collect dust even if I play them every day. The dust annoys the hell out of me, so It go me thinking that maybe it's better to keep them in their cases?

I'm curious what everyone thinks of this.
In their br00tal cases
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I have two, one on the wall and one on a stand.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I keep my main guitar in its case and my backup on a stand.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
I have seven of my nine guitars (eight electrics) on stands, one I lean against the wall (I've pretty much stopped playing it since it's a Squier) and then I keep my classical guitar in a case.
I have 4 guitars and 1 stand.
My acoustic usually takes the stand, one electric in a case in the corner, the other out of case either on my sofa or in another corner.
I want to get some wall mounts, but since I'm going to Uni I'll probably get a hard case.

EDIT: My maths has failed me tonight. The other is in it's case also, in another room because I haven't strung it in about a year.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jan 7, 2012,
Didn't catch the poll was multiple choice, but one guitar on a wall stand and the other in a case. Voted case on the poll.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Two electrics, one acoustic and a bass on the wall, one electric on a stand, classical leaning on my desk because there are moments where a guitar is needed within four seconds.
I leave the one I use regualrly lying around wherever. Sometimes someone puts it in a case and then I have to go through all the effort of taking it out again.
The rest of them are in cases on stands or balancing on the ones in cases on stands
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I've got 4 in England and I have no idea how they are .. 2 in Australia in some random persons closet .. and a shitty acoustic Ibanez around here somewhere, wherever I dropped it last. We have a love/hate relationship.
Legend

Peterborough United FC
they're all in their cases, nice and safe
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
I've got four electrics, two acoustics, and a bass. Two of my main electrics (I play both all the time) are on stands right next to my recording desk and amp. One electric is disassembled in my garage. The other is currently being painted like Van Halens yellow and black guitar but will not be anything more than a wall decoration. My acoustics lean in the corner. My bass is in my closet because I only use it when recording.
I have 3 guitars, all of which have their own cases (The Strat knockoff has a gigbag) and they all have their own locking wall hangers...and I have a floor stand as well
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Never leaves the couch. I could say the same for my ass.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Depends on the day and where I'm living at the time. When I was with my parents, everything was always on a stand, but lately between dorming and apartments they're in their cases or wherever they land.
Inside a hard case, that way it doesn't accumulate dust and remains well in tune.
cases for fender and yairi.
rest on a multi stand.
now extra flamey
At the moment they're on a 5 guitar Warwick rockstand. I've also got a couple of Hercules wall hangers, but they're not up at the moment.
I have a few, my main two electrics I keep on wall stands, my main acoustic I keep in a case and my two nylon strings I keep laying around wherever.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I put my electric guitar in a hard-shell case specifically designed for it's shape and I keep my acoustic in a padded bag.

My go to guitars are usually on a stand unless I don't foresee playing them for a while, otherwise, all others are in cases and/or gigbags
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Out of 6, 1 in in a hard case, 3 are in gig bags, one is on a stand, and the other is broken and in my friend's closet.
A corner of my room has been turned into an enclave of cases, usually with one instrument that i feel like playing left sitting out.
My tele lives in it's hard case, coming out for gigs and recordings, the occasional mess around or writing.

Ibanez sits on a stand in my room, takes most of the fiddling, and comes out to band rehearsals.

My westfield strat copy lies dormant in my wardrobe, wishing I wanted to play something in drop C.
My SG stays in its case in my closet, next to my acoustic in its case. My beat up guitars are all on stands however.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
One on a stand or my bed (unless I'm sleeping) and one's on the floor laying on it's case since the input jack is broke and I"m too cba to fix it.
Laying around wherever. My guitars are not objects that I worship. They are tools that I use to create music. I keep them near me so I can pick it up and play/sing/write stuff. I don't find a guitar as an object interesting if I can't play it. I don't worship a guitar because it's a guitar.

Got 5 guitars in total.

1 in the band room/rehearsal hall/whatever
3 in my apartment wherever there's space
1 at my parent's summer place for when I'm there. Although that one is my dad's but he never touches it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 7, 2012,
On a throne with a crown and a loudspeaker attached to it so everybody knows I play guitar.
But really, it's usually leant against my tower of clothes.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Wall mount for both, clean regularly anyway..voted wall mount.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Page 1 of 2