I've narrowed my search for new guitar down to two: the Breedlove Cascade C25/CRE or the Breedlove American Series C25/CRE Herringbone Solo. Both are acoustic-electric, they look essentially the same, but the American is $2000 and the Cascade is $1300.

Before I decide, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference is between them, or what makes the American Series C-25 better/more expensive than the Cascade? Any answers are much appreciated, thanks!
honestly it looks like the only major difference is the herringbone design on the outside rim of the top. Can you tell the difference between a 2000 dollar guitar and a 1300 dollar guitar? If you can, is that difference large enough to shell out an extra 700 bucks?

I would probably go with the Cascade because the differences are not worth 700 dollars to me. Both are great guitars. I picked up the C250/CM from breedlove and I love it. Great guitar, great sound, great company. You'll be happy with either of them.
The most salient difference I could find between these two guitars, is the "American" series has an ebony bridge, fretboard and headstock, vs. Rosewood for the "Cascade".

Oddly, the less expensive guitar has gold tuners vs. chrome on the other.

Not having any direct experience with any Breedlove Guitars, I can only offer an opinion.

The ebony instead of rosewood is better, but somehow I doubt that it's 700 dollars better.

Ebony wears like iron, so it's a bit more difficult to "claw out" while you're playing. The sonic difference from rosewood would probably be quite a bit more subtle.

Ovation used to play with the top bracing structure to dick you out of extra money between models. That doesn't seem to be the case here. At least they make no mention of it.
Thanks! That just confirms what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. I'll be going with the Cascade then; either way I'll have a Breedlove and that's a win anyway.
Cascade is a Made in Korea guitar, American series is made in the us @ the US Factory in Bend, OR.

The MIK guitars get a final setup and QC in the us factory.

Other then that they look pretty similar. I would go with the all made in the USA guitar if I could afford it. Might be a little bit better built.
Quote by nickni
Cascade is a Made in Korea guitar, American series is made in the us @ the US Factory in Bend, OR.

The MIK guitars get a final setup and QC in the us factory.
Fender does this also.

Quote by nickni
Other then that they look pretty similar. I would go with the all made in the USA guitar if I could afford it. Might be a little bit better built.

As you probably know, Epiphones, (MIC Gibson), have a polyurethane finish, but real MIA Gibsons, have nitrocellulose lacquer finishes.

Do you know if anything like that is in play with Breedlove Guitars. Because the different finish might a least be something else worth considering in favor of the MIA model?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 9, 2012,
Also the Chrome tuners are Chrome Gotoh 381's. It says the gold ones are Gotoh but I'm gonna go with a cheaper model. The woods are maybe slightly less quality. I think the American series will be put together a little better and last and sound slightly better.

Just go with what one sounds better to you IMO (unless country of origin matters to you)

I'm on the hunt for a American Series or a Master Class Focus SE atm. I think I will pay the bit extra and go with the Master Class.